• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cluster * Ed Brisson (Writer) * Damian Couceiro (Artist)

13 posts in this topic

From BOOM! Studios, writer Ed Brisson and artist Damian Couceiro’s Cluster has been likened to The Dirty Dozen in space. Following an arrest for a DUI offense that caused the death of her passenger, the daughter of a powerful politician avoids the built-in advantages the system gives her in favor of a guilty plea and a pledge to serve 15 years as a soldier in deep space -- a gig from which most people never return.

It's a smart, subversive and fun piece of sci-fi action that feels a little like the child of Blade Runner, Guardians of the Galaxy and War, Inc.

If Ben Kinsley's character in War, Inc. was a green, bug-eyed monster.

BOOM_Cluster_001_A1.jpg

[CBR] Ed Brisson interview re: Cluster

Comicbook.com Ed Brisson interview re: Cluster

Cluster #2 -- Short Preview

Looks like a nice replacement for Sheltered.

I haven't read this yet; I've only seen some of the buzz around it.

I regret only having a quantity of 5 (regular covers -- no variants) in my pull list for this book.

Does anyone have information on the Simon Roy cover?

#1 Normal cover (James Stokoe cover)

boom_cluster_001_a_main.jpg

#1 1:10 Retailer Incentive (Boom! 10 years variant cover)

boom_cluster_001_c_10_years_incentive.jpg

#1 1:20 Retailer Incentive (Declan Shalvey cover)

boom_cluster_001_d_variant.jpg

#1 ???? (Simon Roy cover)

boom_cluster_001_b_jackpot_incentive.jpg

#1 Larry's Comics variant [limited to 500]

$_57.JPG

#1 ComicsPro variant

2-25-2015-32.jpg

#2 Regular Cover (Damian Couceiro Cover)

boom_cluster_02_a_main.jpg

#2 1:10 Retailer Incentive (Declan Shalvey cover)

boom_cluster_02_b_variant.jpg

My shops variant

500 copies...

Generally speaking

Being the first or print run usually drives things. Reprints aside, [it seems as though] each cover got released on the same day; as a result, I would lean towards the Larry Comics cover.

However, sometimes the cover art is the driving force. For instance, the Larry's/Jetpack cover is the one to own for Sheltered #1.

With respect to this first point, I'm :blahblah: [rambling on] since the Cluster covers don't have A+ art.

Second point

Where is the Simon Roy Cover? Is it a Boom exclusive cover? Because Ive had difficulty finding any covers deemed "Boom exclusive covers" (e.g. Day Men #2 and Day Men #3).

Did I misinterpret things?

Sauce -- Boom Studios website

I thoroughly enjoyed Cluster 1, 2 & 3. The art is okay; it'll do. The story is superb; it's political like Avatar but I think Cluster differentiates itself enough.

#4 is already out.

It looks like #5 won't be out until July-2015.

It looks like they're continuing to have 1:10 variants issue by issue (common practice for Boom series lately).

I still haven't put my finger on the #1 Roy cover. Some have deemed it a 1:100 variant but I still think it falls under the 'boom exclusive cover mystery'. (shrug)

Related links

Cluster #4 Preview

Cluster #1 -- Simon Roy Cover

Cluster #1 Simon Roy Cover -- Atomic Comis Retailer