• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The DC 48 and 52 Page Giant Thread

51 posts in this topic

Even as a kid collecting in the 80s, I was fascinated by these 25-centers. It seems to have been a sweet spot of a cool cover format and those nice thick spines, combined with DC's best cover artists being particularly active (Adams, Wrightson etc) and top content with the GL/GA books, Batman etc. Definitely a good era for DC collectors. (thumbs u

I distinctly remember I never saw a 15 cent comic on the stands. My earliest childhood memories when it comes to comics were from this era and specifically with the 25cent 48 and 52 pagers. I would probably need a few pages to post all the cool books from my Bats run, but that would be pretty silly.

That said, how about one that means quite a bit to me. This issue of DC Special, as far as I can remember, was the first very comic I ever got as a kid. I think it might have been my uncle and not my dad that bought it for me.

Here's to childhood memories.

153676.jpg.ec99b1c2bf5440d0fb68f4b624141dea.jpg