• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conquest comics...

73 posts in this topic

Someone needs to lock this thread soon.

AAF281A8-EAFD-42E2-8907-634E5BEE39A1_zpsdyyucvn9.gif

...wait, why?

To be fair the seller should be notified and allowed to make the issue right

That being said, it's not the first time this has happened

Or you could wait for the better variant.........

;)

Still nothing on the hughes cover?

or covers.....

Not sure I find anything wrong with them reusing a previous commission for a cover. If I am not mistaken, the SSM 20 Campbell cover was a earlier commission as well. That book has done exceedingly well.

In regards to this particular piece, I was kinda hoping that Gwen would be featured in the costume, but hey, it still looks nice.

I went on a mini rant, when I did not have all of the facts. Nothing wrong with Marvel asking him for it, or even him shopping it to them.

Either way, its a nice piece, and yes I think wearing a costume would have been much cooler.

Maybe you'll get your wish.............

I wonder which variant he is hinting about? :whistle:

AAF281A8-EAFD-42E2-8907-634E5BEE39A1_zpsdyyucvn9.gif

...wait, why?

To be fair the seller should be notified and allowed to make the issue right

That being said, it's not the first time this has happened

Yes, I agree with you that the seller should be notified first, however, like you stated already this isn't the first complaint of this kind against Conquest Comics. Additionally, it's the OP's prerogative whether we agree with it or not.

Shame on you for the way you sent out the Adam Hughes spider Gwen. What a joke.

I have no idea what this is about but how does posting about it on the CGC boards do anything to resolve any issues or perceived issues? (shrug)

The retailer in question has an account on this forum and has used it twice to push their retailer exclusive books. They've failed both times to ship the books in a timely manner and/or appropriately pack them for shipping. So if nothing else it serves as a fair warning that if you choose to buy books from them that you might run into issues.

Thanks for that clarification

Kinda reminds me of the time a boardie mailed out comics as a fundraiser after another boardie suddenly passed away and packaged said comics like mess, resulting in some of the recipients receiving damaged comics due to the poor packaging.

When I spoke to Chris @ Conquest he said he never tried to push the Spider-Gwen here. I don't understand why people are trying to vent their frustrations here. If you think the guy made a mistake, then discuss it with him and stop with the mob behavior.

I don't see what's wrong with him venting his displeasure here. They're a business. How is this any different than Yelp.

There are plenty of problems with Yelp but that's another issue

When I spoke to Chris @ Conquest he said he never tried to push the Spider-Gwen here. I don't understand why people are trying to vent their frustrations here. If you think the guy made a mistake, then discuss it with him and stop with the mob behavior.

So then what is happening here?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=369009&Number=8423974#Post8423974

Looks like he's following up on a thread created by someone else about a Hughes appearance at his store.

I'm sorry for defending him. Mods please don't lock this thread. Its too much fun already.

I don't think this thread should be locked. If a seller is going to give a dirtbag response about damaged books, I would like to know who that is so I can avoid future headaches,

So then what is happening here?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=369009&Number=8423974#Post8423974

Looks like he's following up on a thread created by someone else about a Hughes appearance at his store.

I'm sorry for defending him. Mods please don't lock this thread. Its too much fun already.

I don't think this thread should be locked. If a seller is going to give a dirtbag response about damaged books, I would like to know who that is so I can avoid future headaches,

Yeah, but...but...what happened?! I see one nebulous post by the op about 'damaged books' (shock!) and nothing else. What's the story? What recourse did the op take? Any at all? If so, what was the seller's response? :popcorn:

:news: SUMMARY

Basically here's what went on in the Modern Forum: Spider-Gwen 1 had a thread going (been linked to previously), all the variants were discussed including the Hughes variant by Conquest and a link was provided by a boardie to where you could purchase it from Conquest. Not too long after, the guy from Conquest came on and started hyping AH! appearing at his store and that CGC would have representation there for grading. That lead to the post in the Signature Room asking about who from CGC would be there. Meanwhile board members purchased raw copies of the Conquest variant. These were shipped with several copies stuck in one bag and board, despite the amount paid for these exclusives. So the OP is probably a bit ticked that he paid a pretty good amount for a limited variant that was then treated like a $1 bin back issue by the seller when shipped. :boo:

So, my books arrived 3 to 1 bag and board which I was not pleased about. Upon inspecting the books, you can tell they were mishandled and put into their bag. All 3 had the same crease on the sides from jostling around in their single bag.

I emailed Chris at Conquest and showed him the pictures of the spine creases for 2 different sets of 3 and each of the creases where in different locations. He stated, he would exchange them once he's received the bad copies. I've mailed them out yesterday, so we'll see if he honors the exchange and packs the new books securely this time (1 book per bag and board).

I was not pleased with the way the books were handled and shipped. However, I was happy to know that he would make things right. As for the final result, I'll reserve judgement upon receipt of my new copies.

I ordered some of the ASM 4 variants, and they arrived in a mangled pizza box. Inside they were protected by only a grocery bag.

I passed on this one.

No way. An actual pizza box?!