• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conquest comics...

73 posts in this topic

And for posterity sake, it was this response from the owner that sort of surprised me:

Shark...are you mike? The same mike that left me a crappy email demanding to know...and I quote "where the hell is it?" last week? The same mike that I personally called last week and spoke with to explain the process? The same mike that just wrote another snide email to me before my most recent post? Yeah. You have been complaining all the way man and I have the emails to prove it. Also your smart emoticons after your comments suggest your unhappiness as well. I'm done dealing with people like you. You will be refunded and order cancelled. I'm not playing this game. I'm glad you will not be ordering from me again. My life will be a tad bit smoother not having to deal with you anymore.

While we have no idea what Shark did or said, I think a companying airing things out like this just sends up all sorts of red flags. It is incredibly unprofessional, obviously.

Mine arrived today. No issues could care less that they were 3 in a bag. They got here safe, well packed and as advertised NM or better.

Would you have cared if the cover of the one you like the most was completely rubbed up?

Yes I would. I would contact the store first and not announce it in a thread like some on here have done.

Some on here don't even give the store a chance to make it right before they trash them on here.

Same guys then wonder why stores don't want their business or advertise here.

Now all that said if you get screwed then sure fire away here, but give the store the opportunity to make it right first. This is a growing problem here the last year and its usually newer members that cause it for some reason.

If you don't like how they pack then maybe try giving them some feedback especially if they make your order right. I don't know this store from Adam, but I am tired of seeing this lately.

I will go out of my way to help a seller if they try to make an order right for me so I can help them better their business.

I don't disagree with anything you said in this post. I commend them on the fact that they will fix (in my experience) any problems that you may have had which makes them a good shop in my opinion. I am just frustrated with them because I thought they got some very reasonable advice last time and not only did not follow any of it but actually seemed to regress. I really like supporting small shops but I need them to at least make an effort. :(

I am not one of those 9.8 guys. In fact some of my buddies on here make fun of me because I like to buy 9.4's that look great to me but dont have the magic number.

Mine arrived today. No issues could care less that they were 3 in a bag. They got here safe, well packed and as advertised NM or better.

Would you have cared if the cover of the one you like the most was completely rubbed up?

Yes I would. I would contact the store first and not announce it in a thread like some on here have done.

Some on here don't even give the store a chance to make it right before they trash them on here.

Now all that said if you get screwed then sure fire away here, but give the store the opportunity to make it right first. This is a growing problem here the last year and its usually newer members that cause it for some reason.

While I'm not sure about the first poster and his reasoning, I think you missed the first thread. The owner came on her guns a blazin' and really blasted people after he screwed up.

Edit: I see now that you did buy in the ASM 4 thread. Odd that you don't understand why people are upset and yet you yourself gave a suggestion about packaging. Doesn't that imply you saw a flaw with the shipping method? Curious…

I am not really sure what you want me to say here? Do I think there packing could be better? Sure. I like the box they shipped in, but I would have secured the books differently and would have given each a board and bag. But as crude as their packing style was it did effectively work.(Except for the 3 in the bag issue a boardie had.)

Could they do better with communication? I am sure they can. Now from memory this wasn't just one sided in that previous thread. There were a lot of mistakes on both sides. I think it spilled over into the probation thread if I remember right. I am quite sure the store owner has just as many regrets about how it was handled.

I guess it comes down to this. Did the store in question make right on their issues even with some of the :censored: that slammed them first without contacting them? If they did then there isn't an issue here at all. It just some people complaining to be complaining.

If the store didn't take care of the problems it encountered and seems still encounter somewhat then that an entirely different story. So are they answering emails from those of you who got damaged books? My thoughts were that were following up.

I can also understand if they choose not to participate in this thread because honestly I doubt even with the best intentions they would get flamed.

If you don't like how they pack then maybe try giving them some feedback especially if they make your order right. I don't know this store from Adam, but I am tired of seeing this lately.

I will go out of my way to help a seller if they try to make an order right for me so I can help them better their business.

I don't disagree with anything you said in this post. I commend them on the fact that they will fix (in my experience) any problems that you may have had which makes them a good shop in my opinion. I am just frustrated with them because I thought they got some very reasonable advice last time and not only did not follow any of it but actually seemed to regress. I really like supporting small shops but I need them to at least make an effort. :(

I am not one of those 9.8 guys. In fact some of my buddies on here make fun of me because I like to buy 9.4's that look great to me but dont have the magic number.

And you have a right to be. If they make it right and it sounds like they will, hopefully they will learn from this. If not then their orders from this website will continue to fall and they will eventually stop looking for business here or be told to stop.

1) This isn't a scenario where making it right is the point. This is a comics retailer. They should know how to pack a book safely for shipping. Putting three books in a single bag isn't adequate, regardless of how x number of times before the books have survived shipping without being damaged. And again, this isn't the first time the store in question has had issues with the shipping of an exclusive book.

2) Since this is a retailer and not some random seller on eBay, its a little different to call them out here. A great number of comic buyers don't want to deal with a retailer that doesn't know how to pack books, regardless of whether they eventually make it right or not. It costs 32 cents (at retail prices) to double bag and board a book. Easy math will tell you that it costs half that amount for a single bag and board, which the majority of comic buyers are perfectly fine with, and what they expect.

3) Its usually pretty easy to tell who is at fault on this forum when someone or something gets called out for shoddy buying/selling practices. Its not something that needs to go away, as people enjoy being made aware of where not to spend their money. Leave it up to them to decide. The reader can normally tell the difference between the seller screwing up and the buyer just being impatient, having incorrect expectations, or otherwise being at fault. As an example, on any given week here you can read a thread where the topic creator calls out MCS. This usually leads to nothing but veiled jokes or insults on behalf of the topic creator because the community here knows that MCS is a quality outfit and that the thread starter is often a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

It is hard to wrap my head around an actual comic shop not knowing how to pack comics. And then when you realize they were called out on it before it makes it that much worse. Really, it seems like they almost certainly do know how to do it correctly, but choose not to.

Just received my exchanged books (SG #1s 2 sets) from Conquest Comics and they are 10x better than the ones they originally shipped to me. The comics did not have any creases and all the corners seemed sharp unlike last time. They all looked like they were handled with care.

Also, they were packaged well and each of the books came individually bagged and boarded. No 3 copies to a single bag and board this time around.

Additionally, Chris tossed in a copy of ASM #7 Variant edition which was really nice of him.

So, not only did he take care of the issue without hesitation, but added a little something to keep me as a mea culpa. What more can you ask for?!

Just received my exchanged books (SG #1s 2 sets) from Conquest Comics and they are 10x better than the ones they originally shipped to me. The comics did not have any creases and all the corners seemed sharp unlike last time. They all looked like they were handled with care.

Also, they were packaged well and each of the books came individually bagged and boarded. No 3 copies to a single bag and board this time around.

Additionally, Chris tossed in a copy of ASM #7 Variant edition which was really nice of him.

So, not only did he take care of the issue without hesitation, but added a little something to keep me as a mea culpa. What more can you ask for?!

This type of customer service ALL the time, for one...

This type of customer service ALL the time, for one...

Agreed. I hope that they'll learn from this and make sure every book is handled with care and packed securely.