• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave and Adam's Card World

23 posts in this topic

Customer service = appalling. They said they would only accept a return if the book had not been taken out of the sealed transparent case it was sent in, and were not interested in my assessment of the book. It was like dealing with someone from ebay "grading is subjective" etc.

That's right, I forgot about the 'sealed transparent case' thing. That tracks with my experience buying a raw book from them too.

In my case I was lucky, as I could see the grade-killing flaw through the case and was able to return the book without opening it. But it's very easy to imagine scenarios with internal flaws only visible once the book has been removed and opened, voiding their return policy... That's not so good.

I have bought several books from them over that past few months, both slabbed and un-slabbed. Their pricing was fair and competitive and I feel their raw grading is pretty much on point and have come across nothing I would want to return. Packaging was decent; large box with lots of brown paper, bubble wrapped books, so no problems there. Better deals and more flexible pricing on their own site than on their ebay listings.

Thanks all. It looks like I will not be purchasing any raw books anytime soon from them. But I did pick up a HG slabbed copy of a book Ive been chasing for the last 2 years. I got it for 10% less off on their site than on their eBay listing. In the end, I paid market value. So Im cool with it.

:cool: