• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave and Adam's Card World

23 posts in this topic

I've also bought non-comic items from them. those purchases went fine. that was over 4 years ago though.

A buyer for them lurks here. He bought a comic from me. Two actually. I have bought from them. At the time, not sure if this is still done, raw books were sealed, and breaking the seal meant that you could not return the book. Seeing as I couldn't inspect the book thoroughly and what I could tell didn't look promising, I returned it, but kept the slab I had purchased.

I've bought books from them a few times now.

They sell on ebay, but try to get you to go to their own site if you make offers on books they have on ebay. Things are cheaper on their site.

They ship fast, and pack slabs in big oversized boxes.

Decent pricing

Aside from one deal where we were 5 measly dollars apart on our offers to each other, and no one would budge, I've had nothing but good dealings with them. (I did finally give in and cough up the extra five to complete the one deal I mentioned)

They sell on ebay, but try to get you to go to their own site if you make offers on books they have on ebay. Things are cheaper on their site.

Decent pricing

Aside from one deal where we were 5 measly dollars apart on our offers to each other, and no one would budge, I've had nothing but good dealings with them. (I did finally give in and cough up the extra five to complete the one deal I mentioned)

Yeah, they are on ebay and don't seem to want to sell on ebay. I made them an offer and they countered with a few cents off, then I do to their web site and they would have made more money if they had sold it to me on ebay.

I've only purchased slabs, they get it out fast and seem okay.

I've also purchased a few CGC graded books from them as well and I agree they are very pleasant and easy to deal with. They will also discount there books a little bit as along as the book is not already marked on sale.

Bought a nice SA key book from them just this month.

Communication could have been improved on, but they were quite apologetic and the book arrived with slab undamaged, for a mutually agreed on price.

Besides some flowers, I don't know what more them could have done.

I just spent over $2K with them, mostly slabs but two raw books. The expensive one was somewhat overgraded, but I was getting it slabbed anyway, so no biggie.

The cheapest book, ironically, was way off in terms of grade.

Customer service = appalling. They said they would only accept a return if the book had not been taken out of the sealed transparent case it was sent in, and were not interested in my assessment of the book. It was like dealing with someone from ebay "grading is subjective" etc.

Not worth sending it back. I've learnt a lot of lessons since coming on here - perhaps they should try it too.

Decent pricing

Yeah, they are on ebay and don't seem to want to sell on ebay. I made them an offer and they countered with a few cents off, then I do to their web site and they would have made more money if they had sold it to me on ebay.

I've only purchased slabs, they get it out fast and seem okay.

My experience - I found it a few cents cheaper and way less confusing to accept their best counter-offer on eBay than deal with their website. In my case, their counter-offer eBay price was a few cents less than the website price + website postage price. At face value, the website looks like a cheaper price, but once you do the postage math, it's about the same.