• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General SDCC question

8 posts in this topic

Apologies if this has already been asked before, but simple question is...how does one purchase tickets in the secondary market? Like many of us here I'm sure, I waited for nearly an hour in the "waiting room" to no avail. Is it even possible to purchase tickets from someone who was lucky enough to buy them before selling out?

Thanks in advance!

Apologies if this has already been asked before, but simple question is...how does one purchase tickets in the secondary market? Like many of us here I'm sure, I waited for nearly an hour in the "waiting room" to no avail. Is it even possible to purchase tickets from someone who was lucky enough to buy them before selling out?

Thanks in advance!

It's possible but you would basically have to pretend to be someone else for a few days. You see them for sale from time to time.

And so the CC staff won't be asking for identification?

According to SDCC rules, the badges cannot be transferred or resold, but people sell extras anyway or let a friend use it on a day they're not going. I've heard of CC staff checking occasionally and randomly, but it's very rare.

To pick up your badge you're going to need ID.

No one usually checks at the doors with 150,000+ in attendance. You would probably need to draw attention to yourself (such as using a female name badge when you're a male), creating a problem for staff or using their services,etc. to want them to check your ID.

FYI, the biggest risk is to dealers who break the rules. With a waiting list taking years to get in they have no problem replacing any dealer who breaks their rules.

It's extremely hard to get in on their waiting list to sell at a booth and impossible if you get banned.

Thanks in advance!

I wish you the best. I was not one of the lucky persons. Hmm, stub hub, I will check that out.