• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel run with most 1st appearances

48 posts in this topic

Probably the Fantastic Four.

If you include supporting characters with no super powers, Amazing Spider-Man might come close.

Silver age X-Men may come close (shrug)

Yeah, I was thinking of them, too. JIM / Thor also had a lot of characters.

Hi, welcome – another italian member and registered in 2005 no less!

I see you know Matteo and you are in Trieste, glad to meet you.

My answer is: undoubtedly the FF and Spider-Man but I believe Avengers can be closer to X-Men than most people think. And Hulk should not be undervalued too.

Because of the number of different X-books I kinda quit paying attention.

But for awhile there was an awful lot of mutants running around. It seemed like every time I picked up an X-book there were 2 or 3 new characters I'd never seen before.

If many of those first appeared in X-Men / Uncanny X-Men, then that title certainly had its share of first appearances.

Are we counting what CGC considers a first appearance or are we counting total number of Marvel characters that premiered in the run? If it's the second X-men has to be ahead of Spider-man. Just look at the Morlocks and Shi-ar alone, how many characters came from them?

Yeah, I think if it's pure numbers, then X-Men is a character factory. If it's characters that matter then it's probably the Fantastic Four where the 1st 100 issues established half the Marvel Universe.

It's easily the Fantastic Four if restricted to the Silver and Bronze ages. First Marvel title. New villains appearing in virtually every issue. First teams of villains. Enormous supporting cast (Submariner, Surfer, Panther, Wyatt Wingfoot, each Inhuman, Agatha Harkness, Franklin, etc).