• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me with this Conan 5

9 posts in this topic

I know this isn't high grad, but I am curious.

How much does a staple pull bring down the grade?

conan5s1.JPG

The top staple has pulled through the cover and the first page.

There are a couple of very small NCBs along the spine that might not be visible in the scan.

Back cover is clean.

All the interior pages are intact and only slightly OW.

Great cover! thumbsup2.gif Classic BWS. It's too bad about the staple pull....you can grade this a couple of ways...maybe give it a qualified grade...book looks about a VF+ qualified with a pulled staple, or a straight grade...probably in the hi end of the VG spectrum as a staple pull will automatically pull the book down....maybe a 5.0/5.5 at best. Or you can take some instructions from the other thread and RAM 893whatthe.gifa new staple through the book. Just a thought. 27_laughing.gif

Guys, any thoughts?

So it's definitely better than fair?

That's what Mile High graded it at when I bought it for $6.40 about a year ago grin.gif

I was just going through compairing books with some ones I just received. Got to looking at it (which I didn't do before, just bought it to have to fill out my collection, and threw it in the box when it arrived)

Thought maybe it had a clipped coupon or a missing page or something.

So I went through every page and it was all good! 893whatthe.gif

Without a qualification, what would it be.

VG, VG+ ?

Looks like a very sharp copy, but unfortunately the pulled staple will earn a Qualified grade from CGC.

Niko, that won't get a qualified grade - it's more than a "pop" - it's an ugly tear. makepoint.gif This is a handling issue - not a production issue - the qualified grades are limited to really clean tears that are most probably production related. A nice book to have (but nobody will buy it) sorry.gif

Thanks, I might be a newbie here, but I have been scanning [#@$%!!!] for about 3 years now.

Unfortunately, with the same scanner. Really need to get a newer, faster one.

And I do plan on holding onto the book.

At least until I come across a better copy.

Looks like a very sharp copy, but unfortunately the pulled staple will earn a Qualified grade from CGC.

Niko, that won't get a qualified grade - it's more than a "pop" - it's an ugly tear. makepoint.gif This is a handling issue - not a production issue - the qualified grades are limited to really clean tears that are most probably production related. A nice book to have (but nobody will buy it) sorry.gif

thumbsup2.gifGood point, DD, although i'm not sure it's just production flaws...a mis-handled or poorly stored book will also garner a qualified grade.

thumbsup2.gifGood point, DD, although i'm not sure it's just production flaws...a mis-handled or poorly stored book will also garner a qualified grade.

The damage at the logo area (which many of you haven't seen) will also prevent this book from getting a qualified grade. hi.gif