• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone who pics of staple tears and what is the highest grade they can get?

32 posts in this topic

That looks like a staple pop (i.e., cover detached at that staple).

Staple tears are usually horizontal from staple but cover still attached.

Here is a different example: beautiful book with only slight staples tears. I posted this in PGM but no one picked up them.

So click on the image, and when it comes up in Photobucket hit the + sign to magnify it. The staple tears should be visible.

How much do you think those would knock off from the book?

doorway1_zps9jgfqv9i.jpg

Here is a different example: beautiful book with only slight staples tears. I posted this in PGM but no one picked up them.

So click on the image, and when it comes up in Photobucket hit the + sign to magnify it. The staple tears should be visible.

doorway1_zps9jgfqv9i.jpg

I think this would get a 8.0/8.5

This is a staple tear.

Staple%20tear.jpg

thanks well it looks like it was a staple tear that became a hole right?

You are going to need to be clearer on what you are asking.

sorry I'm a confusing person like that :blush:

doorway1_zps9jgfqv9i.jpg

I think this would get a 8.0/8.5

Square corners, no other defects except slight staples tears gleans an 8.0/8.5? I don't buy it.

Anyone else want to chime in?

This is a staple tear.

Staple%20tear.jpg

thanks well it looks like it was a staple tear that became a hole right?

No, you have a MASSIVE HOLE in the book, regardless of whether it was originally a mouse that ate it, cut with a pair of scissors or ripped out by a little kid.

How it happened doesn't matter in the least, it's still a missing chunk of the cover.