• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 SIGNATURE QUERY

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys I recently purchased a asm #1 around the 6.5 - 7.0 mark, Stan Lee has signed on the inside cover on the splash page small dated 91. Im wanting to submit it to be graded but how much will the signature affect the grade and what label will I be given back. Green or Blue?

CGC will give it blue label (assuming no restoration, of course) with a notation that "Stan Lee 91" is written on the inside; CGC will not authenticate the signature -- and thus no yellow label -- if CGC did not have a representative actually witness the signature. Some collectors don't like writing of any kind, including signatures, on their comics, but, generally speaking, the market pays a small premium for a Stan Lee signature.

It won't affect the grade. Here's a copy of AAF 10 along the same lines with "To Bill...Stan Lee '93" written in pen on the bottom margin of the splash page. CGC notes it on the blue label. It's definitely authentic in my mind, but CGC won't acknowledge, nor can I, as they/I weren't there to witness the signing...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8452607&fpart=1