• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I'll Probably Order Never Another Book From Mile High (a Little Long)

115 posts in this topic

It's sad to see what's become of MHC. I used to love shopping there in the '70s when I was a kid. It was the only comic shop I knew of in the area, and it was 3-4 hours away from where I lived. I remember stumbling on his booth at one of Mike Carbo's Comic Cons and he did give me a pretty good deal on some comics, but he stepped away and the person working there wouldn't honor the deal and I had to wait for him to come back. I remember the employee being kind of a jerk about it, too.

I checked out the web site a couple of times when there was a big "sale" but the prices were still much higher than I'd ever pay. I remember reading something by him where he justified his high prices on VG copies of GA & SA books and how Overstreet increased their VG values because of him. That really turned me off.

Sorry about your experience with them. Bad customer service is bad customer service...period. I've had more bad experiences with dealers than good, and my list of trusted dealers continues to shrink.

The worst part about MIle High isn't the crazy prices, but the grading. It's a complete roll of the dice. With the die roll; 1=VF- and a 6 as a NM. It's no exaggeration. My last order was a NM that rolled a 1=VF-.

It's simply not worth the risk or my time anymore.

The worst part about MIle High isn't the crazy prices, but the grading. It's a complete roll of the dice. With the die roll; 1=VF- and a 6 as a NM. It's no exaggeration. My last order was a NM that rolled a 1=VF-.

It's simply not worth the risk or my time anymore.

You got lucky.

I bought a TTA #57 NM from them back in 2002. When it arrived it looked like a VG/VG+. Might've graded a 5.0 on a great day. I returned it and got blacklisted.

And now today he is doing us a favor by selling Darth Vader #3 (released today) for only $9.95. He freely admitted that he did not fill pre-orders of this book because he did not get enough...but he has enough stashed to sell them now for $9.95. :acclaim:

All this from his newsletter...which is great fun to read by the way. He still does not understand the internet and wants to sell comics like it's 1980 in Denver again, where he is the all mighty dealer, and nobody knows what anything is really worth.

And now today he is doing us a favor by selling Darth Vader #3 (released today) for only $9.95. He freely admitted that he did not fill pre-orders of this book because he did not get enough...but he has enough stashed to sell them now for $9.95. :acclaim:

All this from his newsletter...which is great fun to read by the way. He still does not understand the internet and wants to sell comics like it's 1980 in Denver again, where he is the all mighty dealer, and nobody knows what anything is really worth.

Yep.

He cares not for his customers. They are just a means to his end, which is the largest hoard known to man,