• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Brutality

60 posts in this topic

File a claim with Paypal, you've got the evidence that the package was damaged in transit. I'm pretty sure that they automatically insure all ebay items, up to $500.

I have never heard of that before. I have heard of $50 on priority mail for free and thats it

File a claim with Paypal, you've got the evidence that the package was damaged in transit. I'm pretty sure that they automatically insure all ebay items, up to $500.

I have never heard of that before. I have heard of $50 on priority mail for free and thats it

Even if it were true, the OP said it is a PIF item, not an eBay item.

Well, were your fears well-founded???

:eek:

-slym

Despite their best effort to destroy the contents, the comics and books escaped unharmed. Kudos to MYNAMEISLEGION for the packaging-boards, bubble envelopes, and packing peanuts.

pif1_zpsjs40okyr.jpg

Yeah, it's an automatic $50 for priority, but USPS would require a receipt/proof of payment, and since it's a gift, you'd be sol.

-slym

Despite their best effort to destroy the contents, the comics and books escaped unharmed. Kudos to MYNAMEISLEGION for the packaging-boards, bubble envelopes, and packing peanuts.

pif1_zpsjs40okyr.jpg

Impressive, very nice!

pif1_zpsjs40okyr.jpg

(worship)

-slym

Yeah, it's an automatic $50 for priority, but USPS would require a receipt/proof of payment, and since it's a gift, you'd be sol.

Right, the USPS doesn't cover jacks balls past $50, unless you pay for insurance.

I missed the part about it not being an ebay item.....but if it WAS or WAS NOT an ebay item and the books were damaged, Paypal would have the OP covered.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

Just received this package today. It was a PIF from MYNAMEISLEGION that Vaillant was so generous in gifting to me. Needless to say I feared the worst. :eek:

damaged2_zpsthus8obv.jpg

d15d921b-e329-4f7c-abd5-49a3f1404ba7_zpsqwqywcww.jpg

damaged3_zpszwcnh9g6.jpg

That's nasty. I bought a CGC'd file copy of a Gold Key Battle of the Planets comic and and USPS cracked the shell in numerous places even though the seller did a good job in packing. I alerted seller, but didn't want to return or a refund as it wasn't his fault. I am upset at USPS, the no-fault company.

I'm glad your books were okay though. (thumbs u