• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a message from your loved ones about how they feel about your comics hobby

42 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I thought I had a pretty good and fun idea. Maybe it's been done before, but I haven't seen it if it has.

My idea is to post a comment from one (or more) of our loved ones where they can say in their own words how they feel about you and your comic book hobby/business. Not what you think they think of you, but in THEIR words. Bring them to the forum and have them type a post. Or if that is not convenient (or you just don't want them here) then have them send you an e-mail and then copy and past it in, unedited in THEIR words.

Your son, daughter, wife, brother, mother, cousin, girlfriend, best friend, grandfather, etc.

Do they think it is great, are you wasting your money, do they "just not understand your fascination with comic books", are they proud of you, do they just not take it serious, do they think you spend too much time reading them, too much time on the message boards? Do they want you to stop, do they want you to teach your kids about comics, do they just think it's cool? What do they think?

Remember, this is in THEIR words. I think it would be fun to read how everyone's loved ones perceive us with our fascination, in one way or another, with comic books.

I told my wife Tami to write a couple paragraphs for me and to just describe her feelings about me and comics. She just finished and sent it to me in an e-mail. I didn't want to post it yet until I find out if anyone here would participate or think this is a good idea.

So, go talk to your loved ones, have them type something up about you and your comics, and post it. OK, get to it!!!

Sid, you've ALREADY covered all the things my wife would say! foreheadslap.gif

wasting your money... "just not understand your fascination with comic books" ... too much time on the message boards ...want you to stop

Sid, you've ALREADY covered all the things my wife would say! foreheadslap.gif

wasting your money... "just not understand your fascination with comic books" ... too much time on the message boards ...want you to stop

OK, so let us hear it in her words, just tell her not to embarass you with what she writes. Who knows, it may give us some more insight into the "real" tth2.

foreheadslap.gif Can we somehow hide this thread from Currin? foreheadslap.gif

Sorry.. I already sent him a PM.. foreheadslap.gif

Was gonna make a post telling him about it, but I was lazy.

Ze-

my wife;

"one day you're going to come home from work, and i will have thrown them all out..."

SHA-ZAM!

ahh...that was a fun conversation. i got her turned around eventually. it's going to cost me a trip to napa valley this spring, but i figure that's the price it takes

Here is one....

Dear Andy,

[#@$%!!!] you and your stupid [#@$%!!!] comics too. You should have sold those retarded things and taken me on a vacation. Later fanboy,

Andy's ex-girlfriend

Here is one....

Dear Andy,

[#@$%!!!] you and your stupid [#@$%!!!] comics too. You should have sold those retarded things and taken me on a vacation. Later fanboy,

Andy's ex-girlfriend

Geez, you guys have dated or are married to some tough women. It would also be interesting though to find out how the kids, parents and friends think about this hobby of ours.

Matt age 7 says "It's good, Dad always chooses good comics, now can we play sonic?"

Allie age 10 says "It's too much clutter...but I like to read them."

I am afraid to let my wife speak, she has been very patient and I am afraid to push my luck.

My girlfriend thinks they're stupid and that I spend too much time and money on them. I don't spend nearly the time and money that 98% of these boards do though grin.gif. And besides, she has a Mickey Mouse fettish, so it's an even trade.

My wife isn't in the slightest bit interested in comics, but never berates me for being obsessive about them (hey, I earn a crust). The only time she gets upset is when I go off to Cons in the U.S. She thinks I'm going on some sort of holiday. tongue.gif