• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Panther #1

8 posts in this topic

I saw it at the shop yesterday but passed on it. The most recent volume (written by Preist) was, IMO, really good but they still cancelled it. I figured this was Marvel throwing another #1 at us (of a doomed to be cancelled series). I boycotted for that reason.

I personally really enjoyed it.

It was quite different from the previous Priest series, which I myself didn't enjoy as much.

I'd suggest people give it a shot. All in all though, not that much happened in the issue, as this issue was more to setup the story and everything, but depending on the story telling, it might be better to wait for the trade. I'll be buying every issue though.

All in all though, not that much happened in the issue, as this issue was more to setup the story and everything, but depending on the story telling, it might be better to wait for the trade. I'll be buying every issue though.

In other words, it is written in the typical Marvel style gossip.giffrustrated.gif

I thought it was a good effort, but not great. I picked up the first issue, but will be dropping it. I'll wait for the trade, and buy it at 50% off. Quite honestly, it was just ok... nothing all that special. I really enjoyed the Priest run... and I'm sorry they cancelled that one.

All in all though, not that much happened in the issue, as this issue was more to setup the story and everything, but depending on the story telling, it might be better to wait for the trade. I'll be buying every issue though.

In other words, it is written in the typical Marvel style gossip.giffrustrated.gif

Isn't it curious that Marvel-style used to be shoehorning in dialog around pages packed with many frames full of action.

And now Marvel-style is having as few frames as possible on each page and tell the story over 6-7 issues. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I liked the Priest run and I hope the new BP title is good. But I'll also probably wait to by a TPB in the secondary market.

I hope it's good. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I saw it at the shop yesterday but passed on it. The most recent volume (written by Preist) was, IMO, really good but they still cancelled it. I figured this was Marvel throwing another #1 at us (of a doomed to be cancelled series). I boycotted for that reason.

Exactly sleeping.gif