• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 15 Issues Back From CGC At Last. posted by Rockblazer

8 posts in this topic

82 WORKING DAYS.

Well my value submission made it back. They were a little behind their posted 75 days. Most of the comics 10 of 15 were high grade issues from Metropolis Comics. I purchased 8 of them as 9.6 and two were 9.4. The actual grades are as follows.

Boris Karloff issues:

36- 9.2

42- 9.2

45- 9.2

46- 9.6

47- 8.0

49- 9.2

50- 9.6

53- 9.4

Twilight Zone:

44- 8.5

Ripley's Believe it or Not:

44- 9.2

The 8.0 and 8.5 were the 9.4's.

A Twilight Zone 29 graded 9.0 from a local shop came back 9.2.

A Fantastic Voyage nn from the bargin bin of Collectors Comics came back 9.2. ( They seem to like that number ).

Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves 1 8.0 Ebay buy and a Ripley's True War Stories 1 6.0 Ebay buy.

Not spectacular buy ok for the collection. It did however get me on the next page ( Web page that is )at number 399 on the registry. I won't stay there for long but that's ok too. It also pushed me over 200 CGC books though. So a couple of personal milestones.

See more journals by Rockblazer

I was hoping my order might be coming home soon, but after seeing your turnaround times, I'm totally bummed now. BTW: Do you buy regularly from Metropolis? Do they typically over grade like that? I just ordered a book form them, but it is already graded. Was curious about a couple of raw books... Now I'm wondering?!?!

Well, I have bought a good number of books from them. Last time I did better on grading overall. Most of my 9.6's graded mostly 9.4 to 9.6. The 9.8 graded 9.0 though. I have fared better with Mile High Comics grading.None have come back less. Most have graded .5 to 1.0 over.