• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman '66 animated movie (2016)

30 posts in this topic

Watching it now. The animation and voices are top notch!

The innuendo is really obvious though...especially Aunt Harriet's comment.

Love the time throwback though...Batman and Robin actually paused chasing after criminals to use a crosswalk instead of jaywalking.

Plenty of nods to the series, like a wink-wink to the three different Catwomen. Wish they would have given Joker the white mustache though.

Haven't seen it yet. but I started picking up the comic (in TPB format). Really fun stuff. I'd recommend it to anyone that is a fan of the original TV show.

It's rather refreshing to read a comic that doesn't take itself too seriously. Best surprise (comic wise) of the year for me.

So, how was it?

is it worth buying. This looks cool!

:cloud9:

I was able to pick up a Digital HD version of this movie. Planning on watching it in the next week, and can share how it comes across.

In taking a quick peek at the beginning, it is odd to hear Adam West's gravely voice as Bruce Wayne/Batman compared to how he used to sound. Burt Ward didn't even sound like he aged a day, though.

So, how was it?

is it worth buying. This looks cool!

Finally had a chance to watch this all the way through. And I liked it!

Warner Bros. Animation mixed the fun campiness of the original show with the dark backstory of Batman. In the end it takes the original show to places it could never go before due to limitations of the production technology at that time, and TV restrictions in displaying a darker story.

Adam West's crackly voice threw me off at first. But after a while it mixes in so well with the story, it becomes less of a distraction. And I was not expecting the darker parts of the movie, which added to the fun. There is one line from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns used when Batman is beating some key villains senseless.

For me, it was nostalgic and fun enough I look forward to the second movie with Two-Face (William Shatner).

By the way, at one point Batman gets hit in the head.

All three Catwomen from the 60's show make an appearance at that point.