• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR MATT STOCK!! PLEASE PAY YOUR 5 YEAR DEBT!!!

151 posts in this topic

Exactly. Such as bringing it up in front of his kids ;) Within the limits of good taste.

You send a guy like that a note and chances are he will just figure you are a chickenspoon. Guys like this need a little cage rattling. Either via confrontation (although sometimes this is what they want - see D Dupcak), or via embarassment (in front of kids) or maybe via legal action. A lawyer's note is the only note worth sending IMO 2c

How about kidnapping the kids and holding them for $2,000 ransom?

:jokealert:

I personally would not want to put this in front of kids myself.

To each their own. For me, personally, I'd have no problem bringing this up in front of his kids. After all, what kind of lesson is he teaching them now? That you can screw over people and get away with it. Seeing their dad confronted on an issue like this, would show the kids that there are consequences to bad actions, as well as you should always honor a bargain with others when you deal in good faith. Important lessons, which their father seems to be remiss in showing them. And how their father dealt with the situation would also be an enlightening lesson, either in how to handle it or how not to.

(thumbs u

Ok ,so here Is something that we all can do!

Let,s treat this as the public treats offensive behavior on television .They go to the sponsors.

Why would we do this? This isn't our transaction and we've heard only one side of the story.

You may view it differently, but I see this as a dispute between a well-respected art dealer and someone I don't know. I know the situation as Mike has laid it out, but he'd better have witnesses to the transaction or corroborating paperwork, or I suspect he's legally out of luck.

If he can't prove things happened as he said, then the "shame" route is probably his only option. I'm not ready to "boycott" someone who doesn't have any real part in the deal gone bad.

boycott?? If you are referring to Bechara then I should point out that no one is suggesting that here .But you know , you are probably right!

What the heck ,If he made a bad deal ,that's his problem ,I've got enough of my own . I'm going to do the easy thing and walk away from this ,I'm through with this thread!

This isn't our transaction and we've heard only one side of the story.

No reason to doubt anything Mike has told us, but your "two sides to one story" stance is worth bearing in mind before we all get too judgmental.

As I type this, looking up at a wonderful Amazing Spider-Man #131 OA piece bought from Mike earlier this year, I hope very much this gets resolved to his satisfaction soon... as there isn't a better guy in this hobby.

Unfortunately, the pragmatist in me feels like this will almost certainly now have to resolve in court. Mike's biggest chip in trying to get a peaceful settlement was the THREAT of public shaming. But now that that's done? It can't be undone. Even if this guy pays tomorrow, the (well-earned) damage to his reputation cannot be undone. So if he's had no reason (in his mind) to pay for the last four years, I believe he has even less of a reason to pay now.

I think Mike will need to pursue legal action to get his money, sadly. Such a waste of everyone's time and the municipal legal system's energy... to just get someone to do something they KNOW they're under a legal and moral obligation to do.

Good luck, Mike!

YES!

As of today........Matt Stock has still not contacted me whatsoever to resolve this matter sadly......

A collector who buys art from me, told me that he emailed Matt Stock through his E-bay listings and asked him why he wont resolve the matter with me amicably.......and that he like shis art for sale......but that he wont buy any art from Matt Stock until he resolves the situation with me.....

And Matt responded back to him saying..."If you don't like my art then don't buy it."

I've had a few friends and acquaintances who are close with Matt Stock talk to him on my behalf to try to resolve the matter...but again...sadly....Matt Stock has not emailed me or contacted me in any way.

Maybe our paths will cross at the San Diego Con or the New York Show in October and we can try to resolve it face to face...........

It still boggles my mind why a guy would want to ruin his reputation in such a close knit hobby he is VERY ACTIVE IN, over 2 grand.....but everyone has their own reasons i guess?

Mike

It still boggles my mind why a guy would want to ruin his reputation in such a close knit hobby he is VERY ACTIVE IN, over 2 grand..

It's definitely short money. Petty crooks do it all the time though, trade ten or twenty years of their (freedom) lives for scams worth several thousand, maybe ten thousand. Very poor risk/reward, even if you're totally amoral. Sorry no movement on this for you Mike!

Maybe our paths will cross at the San Diego Con or the New York Show in October and we can try to resolve it face to face...........

If you do I would not let the fact his kids may be there stop you. If you don't do anything illegal that's his problem not yours.

I'm finding the silence deafening. I have seen countless threads started over the years where even if the other party was not a member of the community they would come on board to defend themselves and offer their side of the story. Including the Fear itself one on CAF which was more or less resolved before devolving further and ultimately being deleted after its resolution.

I wouldn't do business with this party simply based on the fact with no rebutal for this alleged transaction it seems to be a good way to get ripped off.

As a father, as long as you keep it civil, I wouldn't let his kids detract you ether. They should know what he's done and it may be the shame he needs to knock some sense into him and finally get this resolved. At the very least, the kids may let his wife know!

YES!

As of today........Matt Stock has still not contacted me whatsoever to resolve this matter sadly......

A collector who buys art from me, told me that he emailed Matt Stock through his E-bay listings and asked him why he wont resolve the matter with me amicably.......and that he like shis art for sale......but that he wont buy any art from Matt Stock until he resolves the situation with me.....

And Matt responded back to him saying..."If you don't like my art then don't buy it."

I've had a few friends and acquaintances who are close with Matt Stock talk to him on my behalf to try to resolve the matter...but again...sadly....Matt Stock has not emailed me or contacted me in any way.

It still boggles my mind why a guy would want to ruin his reputation in such a close knit hobby he is VERY ACTIVE IN, over 2 grand.....but everyone has their own reasons i guess?

Mike

(thumbs u

Left a comment with you in mind Mike....let's see how long before it's deleted.

stock_zpstpfpfsds.jpg

YES!

Mike

it is truly a shame about this, I had it happen to me once and I confronted the collector later at a SDCC show a couple of years later, he ran off like chicken he was and I never saw him again at any SDCC.....it happen to me once...I never left anybody ever do it to me again ( a couple of early Buck Rogers). No more wimpy...a cheap lesson to learn....and that was in the "good old days of handshake deals"

YES!

Mike

(thumbs u

Left a comment with you in mind Mike....let's see how long before it's deleted.

stock_zpstpfpfsds.jpg

I did one ....... Just so he has to think about it.

Funny, it was there. If I follow the link it says 2 comments and then when you click on it there's only the one original.I just said I was interested if he would give me five year terms.