• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLLECTOR MATT STOCK!! PLEASE PAY YOUR 5 YEAR DEBT!!!

151 posts in this topic

Well it can't be for lack of funds that he hasn't paid if he's been to San Diego on multiple occasions since the transaction went down.

Funny how he uses his kids as a "shield" - and great example he's showing them.

Highly doubt he's committing hobby suicide as long as there are people buying from him or selling to him. I know for some collectors it probably doesn't matter as long as they can have a transaction with him whether to buy or sell art but in this case, I will draw the line and not deal with him.

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter what hobby I'm part of there's always a handful of individuals intent on committing "hobby suicide".

These individuals INSIST upon: ripping people off; stealing; lying; shifting the blame to the other party; passing off inferior goods as superior; etc etc - almost as if they relish wallowing in deceit and they don't even seem to care! It's like a game to these people. They end up being outed and shunned by their hobby communities and again, they don't seem to care.

I just don't understand what makes these people "think" in this manner or conduct business in this manner.

Highly doubt he's committing hobby suicide as long as there are people buying from him or selling to him. I know for some collectors it probably doesn't matter as long as they can have a transaction with him whether to buy or sell art but in this case, I will draw the line and not deal with him.

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter what hobby I'm part of there's always a handful of individuals intent on committing "hobby suicide".

These individuals INSIST upon: ripping people off; stealing; lying; shifting the blame to the other party; passing off inferior goods as superior; etc etc - almost as if they relish wallowing in deceit and they don't even seem to care! It's like a game to these people. They end up being outed and shunned by their hobby communities and again, they don't seem to care.

I just don't understand what makes these people "think" in this manner or conduct business in this manner.

Yeah, add me to that list. Knowing what I've learned on this thread, I'd be reluctant to buy from this seller on Ebay.

I am curious about one thing, not knowing either party in the situation, and I admit to only reading a few pages of the dispute here on the forum. Any reason you haven't called or walked over to Mike to discuss the issue verbally? I'm not saying he should ignore your emails, but it seems like way past time to discuss it outside the email world if you really would like the matter resolved. He may not even be reading your emails...could have even blocked them by now.

If you have friends in the same market, maybe one of them would even agree to discuss the matter at a con for you as a proxy? I'm betting everyone here is interested in what he would have to say on the matter, even if it's a no comment. At least that would confirm he's still aware there is an unresolved situation.

I am also an outside party but think the answer to your question resides in the fact that he had his kids in tow when Mike has seen him recently. I personally would not want to put this in front of kids myself.

I am curious about one thing, not knowing either party in the situation, and I admit to only reading a few pages of the dispute here on the forum. Any reason you haven't called or walked over to Mike to discuss the issue verbally? I'm not saying he should ignore your emails, but it seems like way past time to discuss it outside the email world if you really would like the matter resolved. He may not even be reading your emails...could have even blocked them by now.

If you have friends in the same market, maybe one of them would even agree to discuss the matter at a con for you as a proxy? I'm betting everyone here is interested in what he would have to say on the matter, even if it's a no comment. At least that would confirm he's still aware there is an unresolved situation.

Unless he's fallen, hit his head and developed amnesia, he's aware that there's an unresolved situation...

I am also an outside party but think the answer to your question resides in the fact that he had his kids in tow when Mike has seen him recently. I personally would not want to put this in front of kids myself.

The 'kids in tow' scenario does pose a problem.

Maybe Mike should write the guy a detailed note, spelling things out in no uncertain times, and have a friend deliver it personally to Matt Stock (whenever both parties are present at the same venue). (shrug)

I'm with you there, but I'm guessing he's seen him at some point without the kids near? From the earlier posts, I believe he's seen him a few times over the years. Worst case, maybe a phone call (maybe he's tried both...just wondering)?

I used to do wedding videos, and early on, would forward the DVD's to the new couple along with an invoice for the balance. When a couple wouldn't pay, I tried email...if I didn't get any satisfaction, I started calling. In one case, I sent a letter by mail clearly stating this was my final attempt prior to pursuing legal action...only time I ever had to do that, but it got results. I was serious about my statement though. I was going to small claims...this was for $500, so not that much, but I wasn't going to just let the couple ignore me.

Maybe Mike should write the guy a detailed note, spelling things out in no uncertain times, and have a friend deliver it personally to Matt Stock (whenever both parties are present at the same venue). (shrug)

Or an opportunity to make him a little uncomfortable, within limits.

Hand writing a note is a little too passive to work with this guy I'm guessing.

I personally would not want to put this in front of kids myself.

To each their own. For me, personally, I'd have no problem bringing this up in front of his kids. After all, what kind of lesson is he teaching them now? That you can screw over people and get away with it. Seeing their dad confronted on an issue like this, would show the kids that there are consequences to bad actions, as well as you should always honor a bargain with others when you deal in good faith. Important lessons, which their father seems to be remiss in showing them. And how their father dealt with the situation would also be an enlightening lesson, either in how to handle it or how not to.

Maybe, but doing something is better than doing nothing.

Exactly. Such as bringing it up in front of his kids ;) Within the limits of good taste.

You send a guy like that a note and chances are he will just figure you are a chickenspoon. Guys like this need a little cage rattling. Either via confrontation (although sometimes this is what they want - see D Dupcak), or via embarassment (in front of kids) or maybe via legal action. A lawyer's note is the only note worth sending IMO 2c

Either via confrontation (although sometimes this is what they want - see D Dupcak), or...

Oh man. Haven't seen that name in a thousand years. Please post a link to the pertinent thread. I did a lot of business with him out of CBG in the early 90s.

oh man. So many threads on him over the years. Search for

user methuselah on these boards (his first ID here)

or

threads on "comic-keys" (his old ebay ID)

or

threads on "robojo33" (newer ebay ID)

much comedy... including Danny challenging Supapimp to a fight in a steel cage.

Maybe, but doing something is better than doing nothing.

Ok ,so here Is something that we all can do!

Let,s treat this as the public treats offensive behavior on television .They go to the sponsors.

As I mentioned earlier this is Bechara's buddy,. He hangs behind Bechara's booth ,and Bechara is proudly photographed with this low life and is in a sense his associate.It is my opinion that his association with Stock is tarnishing his reputation here. It would actually be doing him a favor to realize this and perhaps mediate this problem with Burkey and Stock.Who knows ,if Stock would do this to Mike why wouldn't he do it to Bechara?

We don't know how to contact Stock but we do know how to contact Bechara via his Nostalgic Investments website.Perhaps we could all cut and paste this message .

Dear Bechara, Just wanted to let you know what is happening on the Collectors Society Discussion Boards concerning your friend Mat Stock.Please check the "Mat Stock please pay your debt"thread. As he is a regular at your convention booth and a photo of you and he is being circulated perhaps it would be in your interest to get involved to protect yourself and your reputation and our hobby.(cut and paste)

What do you guys think? As far as I know Bechara is a good guy whom I do not believe would condone this type of behavior .

I'd hate to anger Bechara by dragging him into this (because DAM he has great stuff ) but maybe he could pressure this guy to pay up and start this issue on to the road to some resolve.