• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ash vs. The Evil Dead on Starz (10/31/15)

141 posts in this topic

“Ash vs Evil Dead”: Titles and Synopses For Nearly the Entire Season!

Ep 101 – El Jefe

Ash is baaack! 30 years after his last Deadite fight, badass blowhard Ash Williams unleashes the Evil in an act of stoned stupidity, bringing Deadite mayhem into his life again.

Ep 102 – Bait

Special Agent Fisher is tracking Ash. Pablo gets his first taste of blood in a manic battle, and a revelation changes Kelly’s life forever.

Ep 103 – Books From Beyond

A mysterious woman finds the destruction at Kelly’s parents’ farm. Meanwhile, Ash, Pablo and Kelly reach Books from Beyond with the Necronomicon and Fisher finds herself in another terrifying, inexplicable situation.

Ep 104 – Brujo

Ruby helps Fisher and reveals her family’s connection to the Evil Dead. Ash and team follow a clue from the demon Eligos, but Kelly pays a price.

Ep 105 – The Host

Kelly’s current state puts others in jeopardy. This forces Pablo to make a brave move and Ash to reveal a new side to his character. Ruby and Fisher join forces in pursuit of Ash.

Ep 106 – The Killer of Killers

Thanks to his drug-induced vision, Ash knows what to do with the Necronomicon. Pablo and Kelly notice something ominous. Ash promises to visit Lem, but Fisher shows up for an almighty showdown with her former boss.

Ep 107 – Fire In The Hole

Ash, Pablo and Kelly, now joined by Fisher, arrive at the survivalist camp in the midst of chaos and must go to extreme measures to escape. Meanwhile, more is revealed of Ruby’s mission.

Ep 108 – Ashes To Ashes

Ash attempts to bury the book to end the Evil, but first he must contend with other, more physical things from his past. Fisher faces a horrific change in Ash.

Ep 109 – Bound In The Flesh

Ash battles someone all too familiar, and later hears a message from the Necronomicon. Meanwhile, the deadliest Deadite attacks.

Bruce Campbell Talks Ash Vs. Evil Dead Easter Eggs

Now Campbell reveals that Starz's new original series Ash vs Evil Dead will include Easter Eggs, like his alma mater and the actor's favorite childhood beverage which was/is made in Detroit, Michigan.

"You just have got to pretty much look closely on your high-definition television set. There’s a lot of stuff in Ash’s trailer that is similar to what we had in the past movies. There’s references to things like Michigan State University and Faygo Redpop!" Campbell told Entertainment Weekly. "The art department really went crazy making it s authentic as possible. I remember Sam and I walking through it and we were just blown away. So for the intense fan there’s a lot for them to look at. We’re also going to revisit — I have to be careful how I say this — but we’re going to revisit some things that are familiar, and the recreations are amazing."

r8cKSYpl.jpg

This reminds me a bit of REAPER. A kid whose parents sell his soul to the devil; works at a home improvement warehouse, and is forced to moonlight as a bountyhunter of escaped souls of hell. And he has a couple of goofy sidekicks that are helpful only in a comedic sense. It was a great show.

With this show coming up, I finally got to work on my storage book-safe for holding miniatures on my favorite board game (Mansions of Madness). The book box is quite a bit smaller than the original (I based mine on the Army of Darkness version, for which it bears a passing resemblance.)

21708102149_bf4246ce9d_c.jpg

21273866713_8f29c7fbe9_c.jpg

And it would make a great Halloween prop for a costume. I even could make a nice Ash hand out of one of my armor gauntlets (I don't have Bruce's awesome hair and jawline to pull off a costume like that, though.)

I would just need to make-up an S-Mart smock and a name tag. I even have a toy shotgun.

21706902820_c4d0c1d76a_c.jpg

I viewed the pilot at NYCC and my friends and I felt that the pilot truly captured the horror - slapstick comedy of army of darkness. Simply put, we're all subscribing to starz to see the rest. The only issue is that Sam raimi directed only the pilot. I'm not sure whether that will make a big difference provided that Sam has a hand in the storyline.