• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF 53

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I got my FF 53 from ebay

Problems

spine wear,creases, date stamp on back cover, some distributors ink some yellowing pages and rusting on staples and there is a initial in marker on the front cover

I'm hoping it's around a 5.5/6.0

Front

Ff%2053%20front%20cover.jpg

ff%2053%20back.jpg

Ya, it can. I have a nice JIM 112 that would be a 6 or 6.5 if not for the rusty staples. It got a 5.5. :sorry:

ugh well I'll be asking about rusty staples from now on :)

I started doing that, too. I always ask about the centerfold and staples, at least on older books. Good sellers will tell you.

Ya, it can. I have a nice JIM 112 that would be a 6 or 6.5 if not for the rusty staples. It got a 5.5. :sorry:

I started doing that, too. I always ask about the centerfold and staples, at least on older books. Good sellers will tell you.

Nothing worse than getting a book you've been waiting for, only to open it up to a surprise with rusted staples and migration into the centerfold.

yeah I recently started doing that too

Rust is a killer-there are collectors that just wont touch a book with rust no matter what.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Nothing worse than getting a book you've been waiting for, only to open it up to a surprise with rusted staples and migration into the centerfold.

I couldn't agree more that's why I'll ask for pics of the centerfold and ask about rust in general :)