• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has this Ebay seller earned a negative feedback?

49 posts in this topic

I won two books in separate auctions from the same seller a day apart.

I after the second auction closed, I sent him a message asking him to combine shipping. He responded that he would and then sent me a single combined invoice - but ended up sending me one invoice with the shipping costs for each simply added together. Gee thanks ya' !

Then I get the books and they're "packed" with two pieces of cardboard that are barely 2 millimeters wider than the books themselves and taped really tightly together so I have to do microscopic neurosurgery to cut the tape without damaging the books. Thanks again ya' !

So I basically spent $6.80 in shipping an 8.5 oz package containing with two terribly-packed books!

A) He didn't combine shipping - he basically fleeced me on the shipping costs and didn't "combine" anything as far as costs go.

B) He SUCKED at packing the books (as do way too many sellers - WTH is so hard about packing comics SAFELY!?)

So did he earn himself negative feedback or am I being too picky?

Send him a message explaining what combined shipping means. That should give you $3 worth of satisfaction.

If the books got to you as advertised, I'd let it go. Is $3 worth the hassle of going back and forth with the guy? At most, he over-charged you like 2 bucks....
This.

While annoying, it's not worth getting riled up over.

Too many people are afraid to leave Neutral or Negative Feedback (shrug)

If you have tried to resolve the issues and are still not satisfied, give them a Neutral or Negative! Just leave Honest Feedback!

It may save a fellow comic buyer from the same headache (thumbs u

You might want to just drop a line saying some buyers would give a neg for that so he might want to reconsider his practices. Then zing his shipping.

Send him a message explaining what combined shipping means. That should give you $3 worth of satisfaction.

I feel like this is what I would have done when I got the invoice, BEFORE paying it. Maybe it was just an oversight? I know I've gotten in a hurry and missed something like that, where eBay just adds everything up and I accept that it is right.

When I got a "combined" invoice that didn't show "combined" shipping, I would inform the seller. If they refused to send out a corrected invoice, I would tell them to umcombine, and I would pay for them separately.

You used to be able to uncombined manually as a buyer, but eBay took that away.

If they can't be bothered to save you a token amount by combining, you don't need to save them the token amount of 30 cents from a combined payment.

Fair's fair.

But contact the seller first, then see how it goes from there.

When I got a "combined" invoice that didn't show "combined" shipping, I would inform the seller. If they refused to send out a corrected invoice, I would tell them to umcombine, and I would pay for them separately.

If they can't be bothered to save you a token amount by combining, you don't need to save them the token amount of 30 cents from a combined payment.

Fair's fair.

Also, if he is not going to combine shipping say you want them sent separately, as paid for. That way it's a zero sum game for him.

Fair's fair.

Also, if he is not going to combine shipping say you want them sent separately, as paid for. That way it's a zero sum game for him.

+1

Also, I always email the seller requesting boxed shipping and I offer to pay any additional costs.

I have yet to receive a book that was damaged, when going this route.

Sure, a lot of sellers can't package comics for balls (mailing tape around the books equals spine tics), even if you specifically state that you are "willing to pay extra for shipping to ensure the comics arrive in the condition as shown in the auction" but if you ask politely before sending payment,state you'll post 5 star feedback across the bpard when the box arrives.....everything should work out good.

Re: the seller in question, he is sounds pretty sucky but if you know you got a very good deal on the books (if that

s the case), I wouldn't instantly neg him.

I have a copy/paste for this, every time I buy something off ebay.

If the books are as described and safely delivered, I would not leave anything but a positive.

Contact the seller and see if you can work something out on the shipping costs.

If not you could ding his DSR for shipping and still leave a positive with 5 stars for the books. The books are what you are buying, not a box.

If the books are as described and safely delivered, I would not leave anything but a positive.

If not you could ding his DSR for shipping and still leave a positive with 5 stars for the books. The books are what you are buying, not a box.

Well what if your grocer poured your Wheaties on the counter and said you're buying the cereal not the box.

:baiting:

I won two books in separate auctions from the same seller a day apart.

I after the second auction closed, I sent him a message asking him to combine shipping. He responded that he would and then sent me a single combined invoice - but ended up sending me one invoice with the shipping costs for each simply added together. Gee thanks ya' !

Then I get the books and they're "packed" with two pieces of cardboard that are barely 2 millimeters wider than the books themselves and taped really tightly together so I have to do microscopic neurosurgery to cut the tape without damaging the books. Thanks again ya' !

So I basically spent $6.80 in shipping an 8.5 oz package containing with two terribly-packed books!

A) He didn't combine shipping - he basically fleeced me on the shipping costs and didn't "combine" anything as far as costs go.

B) He SUCKED at packing the books (as do way too many sellers - WTH is so hard about packing comics SAFELY!?)

So did he earn himself negative feedback or am I being too picky?

If you got the books in the stated condition, leave him alone. He did his part of the deal. If you did not receive them in condition stated, just ask for a return/refund. Ebay is tricky sometimes finding the right sellers.

Well what if your grocer poured your Wheaties on the counter and said you're buying the cereal not the box.

But you aren't buying the cereal and not the box. You are buying a box of cereal.

But you aren't buying the cereal and not the box. You are buying a box of cereal.

So send comics without a box just put postage on the bags and boards??