• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 Savage Tales

13 posts in this topic

Personally for me that 9.6 would suffice. I would have a book just as nice,and still have money in my pocket.

Win,win!

This.

That is a ridiculous asking price for the 9.8, there are 4 of them after all.

Wonder what he would price Tales of the Zombie #1 in 9.8, only one copy. :whistle:

Personally for me that 9.6 would suffice. I would have a book just as nice,and still have money in my pocket.

Win,win!

This.

That is a ridiculous asking price for the 9.8, there are 4 of them after all.

Wonder what he would price Tales of the Zombie #1 in 9.8, only one copy. :whistle:

I wonder if the person bidding $5000 for the book would have second thoughts after seeing the 9.6?

Sure. The difference is $6701

:o That's crazy.

And somebody bid $5000 on it- that's also crazy. And if the seller accepts the bid and reports it to GPA? Hopefully, just a anomaly.

Maybe we should start an anomaly thread to record instances like this?

In my opinion, Savage Tales #2 contains the best Barry Smith Conan art ever - and there are only 4 9.8 CGC books. Last year Conan 1 CGC 9.8 sold for more than 7k (there are 36 such books in the Census, hardly rare anymore) and Conan #2 CGC 9.8 for 5.5k (more than 10 copies in the Census) - and I know I am not the only collector to consider ST #2 having the best Barry Smith Conan art ever - so 7k may even be cheap (thumbs u (ok, the seller wanting 25k for Conan #7 9.9 on CLink was a bit optimistic, still CarlD ended up paying 13k for that book - yes, you could get a Conan #7 CGC 9.8 for 12.5k less)

Admitted, it is my ST #2 book - maybe I should have sold it for the 5k, but what 5k book could I possibly want that I would appreciate more? Some Romita Spidey 9.6 or 9.8 book for 5k, maybe... I do own 2 of the 4 current ST #2 9.8 books, and this is the only reason why I would ever consider selling one. ST #2 is my favorite comic book, and Conan is my favorite comic book character (the old Barry Smith stories), so very hard to let such books go.

If more than 4 books are ever found, I would of course consider reducing the price.

The book has no stamps or markings etc, and perfect cover centering, it is a great copy.

Yes, it's on GPA too - the book was bought by the person offering me 5k, I have known him for some time - but as long as the seller is happy about the $500... Sigh... ;) (I'm very sure the seller will now need at least 10k to buy it back lol )