• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DETECTIVE COMICS 40 AUCTION, MOUSE CHEWED BUT COMPLETE

29 posts in this topic

Well, the sale on the 'tec 33 cover went so well, I want to see if lightning will strike twice.

Detective Comics 40, chewed but complete. Third appearance of Robin.

Please note da RULEZ

1. For this item I will accept CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PAYMENTS ***ONLY***

2. If you fly the :takeit: flag for my BIN price you win, period, Auction over. PM's are welcome, but a Flag in the thread wins. Period.

3. Shipping is included for buyers in the USA, it will be at cost to the rest of the world.

4. NO HOS'ERS OR PROBIES

5. This is my second attempt at an auction, if I'm doing something improper and get tagged for it I will fix it immediately.

6. Auction starts at 1 PM today, HARD close tomorrow night (4-5-15) at 8 PM eastern standard time. Any offers after that will not be considered.

7. The minimum bid is $600, the BIN is $1600.

Scans up shortly.

This is an auction for Detective Comics 40, complete, but it's been hit bad by the vermin

What looks like a spine split from upper end of spine to Robin's cape is actually a very neat silverfish chew.

About 1/8 inch wide and very neat. Another messier silverfish chew lower spine.

As you can see plainly in the FC scan, the mouses have been at the upper corner. Chew barely brushes the art on the first four leaves,

I will include scans of the first couple to give you an idea.

It walks back, smaller and smaller, to the second page of the centerfold, where it is apx 1/4 inch wide at the worst.

After that the interior is untouched. Cover is loose from book.

Scans up directly.

To give an idea of the chew damage, here's a scan of the corner of leaf 1

cSDV4OS.jpg

Leaf 2

D8cdhOl.jpg

It walks back from there, until both leaves of the CF are slightly affected.

From there back it's complete.

Good Afternoon!

Just a pinch over two hours left, this auction closes this evening at 8 PM

My thanks to all who took a look, and to everyone who made a bid

As of 5: 57 PM Cosmic Boy leads the pack.

Fifteen minutes to go, Cosmic Boy still has the bid, but it looks like there are quite a few folks taking one last look.

Thanks to all, closing at 8PM EST