• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden age books in silver/modern holders?

9 posts in this topic

I recently won a startling 52 off the bay. When it arrived I was surprised to see it in a "normal" slab instead of one of those fat slabs GA books usually get. So, why do GA books get those fat slabs? I checked and according to GCD, startling 52 had the same page count as exciting 60, which I also have and it's in a fat slab.

That would have to be a mistake on their part.....it should be a fattie. Is that the one with the underwater scene that's so well done ? GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You know, I'm actually glad you brought this up. Im a little fed up with this laziness mess from CGC. Some of us pay top dollar to slab each book and frankly more effort should be put into their standards. I received my copy of SuperWorld #2 and it was in a magazine holder???? Seriously?? No need to tell you in looked like in it :screwy:

You know, I'm actually glad you brought this up. Im a little fed up with this laziness mess from CGC. Some of us pay top dollar to slab each book and frankly more effort should be put into their standards. I received my copy of SuperWorld #2 and it was in a magazine holder???? Seriously?? No need to tell you in looked like in it :screwy:

I have a number of GA books in magazine holders. I think they are erring on the side of caution to avoid squeezing a book into a holder that's too small.

Not to say that their QC isn't shaky.

I have a number of GA books in magazine holders. I think they are erring on the side of caution to avoid squeezing a book into a holder that's too small.

Thank you. There is some minor comfort in knowing I'm not alone on this. But for display purposes you have to agree they look awkward in mag holders.

Fat slabs are not always needed for golden age books. I have books graded by another company that begins with the letter C and their slabs are much thinner. Honestly it makes storage much easier.

Thank you. There is some minor comfort in knowing I'm not alone on this. But for display purposes you have to agree they look awkward in mag holders.

They do, and you need to get larger boxes to store them in.

I recently bought a Superman 4 with a spine roll and it came in a mag holder.

Mike