• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Seller have You Spent the Most Money With?

78 posts in this topic

headbang.gifheadbang.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Vinnie, you da man!!! I've gotten some really hard to find & great books off of you guys,no #$%@ !!! thumbsup2.gif

Me too. Metro = cloud9.gif

Same here. I just received a package with two great EC books and a GA Batman from Metro yesterday. Great stuff!

Guys-

Seeing my company's name so often in this post-I can not tell you how much I appreciate your patronage. Beyond the financial aspects of it, I want you all to know how hard I have worked over the last 5 years since I have become partners with Steve to take Metropolis to the next level in regards to inventory, marketing, internet presence and customer service (especially customer service). And while we are not exactly where I want us to be I believe my company has improved tremendously. I truly thank you all very much and hope Metro can help to make all of your collections complete!

*When I first joined this forum I didn't quite get it. The other night it dawned on me- we have all grown up and many of us probably don't get to hang out with all of our old buds as much as we want. This forum with all the razzing and teasing is kind of like the new hang out with all of our new pals. Perhaps this is obvious (as my wife told me when I explained my theory-"duh!" -I think those were her exact words). Anyway it is cool being part of this thing we call the forum and I do enjoy sharing my passion with the rest of you!

Peace,

VZ

Vinnie, nice post. I'll give you $10 if you can get Steve to write the same kind of message. poke2.gifstooges.gif

Guys-

Seeing my company's name so often in this post-I can not tell you how much I appreciate your patronage. Beyond the financial aspects of it, I want you all to know how hard I have worked over the last 5 years since I have become partners with Steve to take Metropolis to the next level in regards to inventory, marketing, internet presence and customer service (especially customer service). And while we are not exactly where I want us to be I believe my company has improved tremendously. I truly thank you all very much and hope Metro can help to make all of your collections complete!

*When I first joined this forum I didn't quite get it. The other night it dawned on me- we have all grown up and many of us probably don't get to hang out with all of our old buds as much as we want. This forum with all the razzing and teasing is kind of like the new hang out with all of our new pals. Perhaps this is obvious (as my wife told me when I explained my theory-"duh!" -I think those were her exact words). Anyway it is cool being part of this thing we call the forum and I do enjoy sharing my passion with the rest of you!

Peace,

VZ

Vinnie, nice post. I'll give you $10 if you can get Steve to write the same kind of message. poke2.gifstooges.gif

Fishler or Borock? confused.gif

Over the years, it would probably be the following, and I think they are all great...

Doug Supila

Terry's Comics

Western Penn (Chris Cole)

Basement Comics

Metropolis

J&S Comics

Superworld

Koop's Comics

John Hauser

I don't buy that much anymore; in the last two months I have made a total of two purchases, both from ebay: one from John Hauser, one from Greggy, both great transactions.

Joe

EBay seller Bettywalls/Calm-Mix...

Jim

Jim, as was mentioned before, you and me both on this one. For me at least up until about six months ago when he was selling off all his ink sprayed ASM 121,122,129, X-Men 94s and GSX #1s among others. You'd almost think the guy had a copy machine the way he was pumping out those books by the truckloads. Now he's just doing CGC so the good days are gone with that guy.

Since I only buy on the internet from Ebay dealers I'll say that Ebay (as a whole) is where I spend most of my comic money. Weighing the good with the bad I am waaaay farther to the good side with Ebay. But then again, I only buy lots on Ebay and rarely ever buy a single comic, or even less than five in a single auction. I buy all my singles from various dealers at the big cons that I attend. ----Sid

O.K. ... make fun!!! 27_laughing.gif I don't care. sumo.gif Mile High, eBay, Pedigree and various forum members. Laugh it up, I like Mile High's graded books. thumbsup2.gif When you get a 75% off sale (I know the pices are still high), PLUS another 10% off codeword AND FREE shipping you can get a good deal!! headbang.gifI was getting CGC Graded 9.2's (I know it's not the highest grade) for $25-$70 bucks each. 893applaud-thumb.gif (Sgt. Fury #28 to #103). They come straight to my front door, packed securely, and they get there for FREE. It costs $30 plus shipping just to get a book graded, with no "promise" of a 9.2. confused-smiley-013.gif I call that a good deal. sign-rantpost.gif Look at Pedigree sometime,(I've bought books there, too and loved 'em...the service rocked!!)I bet you can't get a pre-modern graded book for $25. I know a lot of forumites have "issues" with MHC and Chucky frustrated.gif, but if the price is your main concern, you shouldn't rule 'em out. yay.gif I'm done now.