• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Seller have You Spent the Most Money With?

78 posts in this topic

1.) Metropolis Comics - Spent around $25K on books such as X-Men #1 CGC 8.5, Phantom Lady #19, 22 (CGC 8.0), and other raw and slabbed GA and SA books.

2.) Ebay Seller "Midnightshadow17" - Probably around $20K. I purchased an ASM#1 CGC 8.0, Human Torch #3 (#2) CGC 8.5, and a couple of early Batman's from this seller.

I don't think I've spent more for than $5K with any other seller. I could be wrong though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doug Sulipa - started when I was a kid so for a long time there about 50% of my collection was from him.

Recently - Heritage, Red Beard Comics, House of Comics and a few smaller private dealers who shall remain nameless because they can grade and sell nice raw books tongue.gif

Showcase , Metropolis, James Payette, Richie Muchin, Superworld, Joe Veranault,

Terry's Comic's ,Chris Foss,Harley Yee Etc. Whomever I trust, & can get good deals & books from!! smile.gif

Guys-

Seeing my company's name so often in this post-I can not tell you how much I appreciate your patronage. Beyond the financial aspects of it, I want you all to know how hard I have worked over the last 5 years since I have become partners with Steve to take Metropolis to the next level in regards to inventory, marketing, internet presence and customer service (especially customer service). And while we are not exactly where I want us to be I believe my company has improved tremendously. I truly thank you all very much and hope Metro can help to make all of your collections complete!

*When I first joined this forum I didn't quite get it. The other night it dawned on me- we have all grown up and many of us probably don't get to hang out with all of our old buds as much as we want. This forum with all the razzing and teasing is kind of like the new hang out with all of our new pals. Perhaps this is obvious (as my wife told me when I explained my theory-"duh!" -I think those were her exact words). Anyway it is cool being part of this thing we call the forum and I do enjoy sharing my passion with the rest of you!

Peace,

VZ