• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Factor #5

4 posts in this topic

Fairly easy to grade as far as dents, creases or tears. Although it doesn't show very well in the scan, the book is VERY dirty.

My question is what to deduct for the dirt/grime on the book? I know it could be dry cleaned but just curious what it would grade as is.

Thanks for the opinions.

4jRCQBa.jpg

4K4T2mB.jpg

Based on the scan, it looks 9.2/9.4 to me. My son has a CGC 9.6 of another book that has some rub/dirt on it, but probably not as much as what shows on your scan of the back cover, right side. Your front cover top corners are blunted some. I have a GCG 9.8 book with one blunted corner that is about like your FCUL, so it appears that you can get away with one of those occasionally. Mine is only blunted on one side of the book, though.

Is that a crease on the back cover on the word 'SPIDER'?

And it looks like you have a concentrated spot of dirt on the front near the purple guy's rump?

I'm not sure cleaning this book would be a justifiable expense at this point. Still, this is a nice copy.