• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom Art

33 posts in this topic

This is a digital collage. It's an artistic reproduction of a copyrighted image....Seeing as how the images within the collage are used as a medium it shouldn't fall under the things they can't print up. This is the same as if I painted a reproduction of a comic book cover and went to have that printed. The comics...well they are the same as magazine pages. I know you can go in and print magazine pages.

I don't really see any way that this would fall under "copyrighted" work. Typically if the art has been altered beyond it's original state, it no longer falls under copyright. I know this answer is kind of all over the place. My customers have just never ran into this issue, so I haven't really had to think about it. I know that since I use the pictures as a medium, and never claim to have hand drawn all of the comics myself, and create an image myself even if it resembles one already made, I haven't broken copyright law. I have no idea about Kinko's policies though.

Some of them guys are kinko's aren't the brightest.

Maybe you can provide a letter with the file or something to assuage their fears.

Have you done anything with Superman that you could share? I'm interested and have been thinking of how to inspire you, but cannot exactly put it into words. If I sent you reference pictures, would that help? Actually, my avatar pic is a pretty good reference of what I'm thinking about...hopeful, aspiration, looking to something better/higher purpose. That's what I really love about Superman, the ideal.

Feel welcome to PM me to discuss.

Any chance I could take the image file and have someone print one of these on a shirt. That X-Men one in particular would be sweet on a shirt.

The file is high enough res to print on a shirt, however it is several colors. So if you go to screen print them, (they charge by the color) it might be a little expensive. But just to make one shirt, they have stuff you can buy to print full color on a shirt