• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phantom Stranger 1, 9.4

11 posts in this topic

Really shocked to see this one. Talk about tough one in this sort of grade (worship)

Phantom Stranger #1

That run has gotten very tough and copies in decent shape sure are scarce.

There are probably some very nice raw copies in private collections, but they don't seem to be offered up for sale very often. (Superworld has some low-grade copies on the site right now.)

Really shocked to see this one. Talk about tough one in this sort of grade (worship)

Phantom Stranger #1

There are probably some very nice raw copies in private collections, but they don't seem to be offered up for sale very often. (Superworld has some low-grade copies on the site right now.)

There is a low grade copy of Phantom Stranger 4 on Ebay now and another low grade copy of the 4 closed yesterday. There are a some high grade copies of this run out there but tough to find any for sale! EJR

Phantom Stranger #1

There is a low grade copy of Phantom Stranger 4 on Ebay now and another low grade copy of the 4 closed yesterday. There are a some high grade copies of this run out there but tough to find any for sale! EJR

I think Dolgoff had a complete low-grade set for sale at the Big Apple show ... or was that Congo Bill? (Who can tell these '50s DC series apart? :D )

In any event, whichever it was, I couldn't convince him to break up the set to sell me the copies I needed. If it was Phantom Stranger, then this is probably one of the copies from that set.

Phantom Stranger #1

I think Dolgoff had a complete low-grade set for sale at the Big Apple show ... or was that Congo Bill? (Who can tell these '50s DC series apart? :D )

In any event, whichever it was, I couldn't convince him to break up the set to sell me the copies I needed. If it was Phantom Stranger, then this is probably one of the copies from that set.

No. 5 is on my want but the only ones I've seen up for sale recently have been beaters. (I wouldn't want to pay for a NM copy; I'd be happy with a VF or even a FINE/VF.)

The PS 4 sold for $327 -- pretty strong price I think, given the condition.
The PS 4 sold for $327 -- pretty strong price I think, given the condition.
Thats a good price compared to what Ted wants for his low grade copy of PS 4! EJR