• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX in hot water?

107 posts in this topic

Good, I hope it burns PGX to the ground. They are a joke, I want nothing to do with them, gives Oregon a bad name. I broke down and bought a PGX 9.8 of EoS #2 Land and planned to just sub it to CGC. It wasn't even a 9.4 it had so many spine ticks and color breaks. Luckily the seller was willing to do a return. #cgcorbust.

Jerome

wouldn't get your hopes up. This is a very small value claim, and the plaintiff's lawyer is most likely working on a contingency; he's not going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to prosecute a case with a maximum recover of a couple grand. This will be settled for a couple thousand and disappear into the night.

Not if gets "class action" status. lol

Then you all can get a coupon for $12 off your next PGX grading fee, and some lawyer will get $100,000. I guess that's if PGX has $100,00 to part with, maybe DJBrady will have to sell some of his AV#4 9.8s on EBAY.

I don't think that the complaint alleges a class action, and, absent an express policy to inflate grades, it would be difficult to certify a class, which requires that the plaintiff be able to prove their claim through common evidence. I'm not sure how arbitrarily terrible grading get you there.

I'm not sure how arbitrarily terrible grading get you there.

It's got a lot of people right here :banana:

Anyone seen this?

CGC is the leading comic book collector grading and slabbing service. Naturally, where there is a market originator and leder, there will be competition. Such as PGX, which has come under controversy in the past.

Well, here’s a new one. A comic creator is claiming he bought a Fantastic Four comic in PGX 7.5 slabbed condition for $10,000 but, with doubts about its status, had it regraded by, we presume, CGC, who knocked it down to a 5.0, a significant difference in condition and value.

And now, My News LA is reporting that Nash Tennant of Sherman Oaks is suing PGX Comics, alleging breach of contract, fraud, civil conspiracy and negligence. The lawsuit also states “The difference between a 7.5 comic book and a 5.0 comic book is extremely large.”

Not only shold this lawsuit fail, it will fail. And everybody at CGC should also hope it fails.

Otherwise, every book that was graded differently by CGC upon resubmission would also be be fodder for lawsuits.

Anyone seen this?

CGC is the leading comic book collector grading and slabbing service. Naturally, where there is a market originator and leder, there will be competition. Such as PGX, which has come under controversy in the past.

Well, here’s a new one. A comic creator is claiming he bought a Fantastic Four comic in PGX 7.5 slabbed condition for $10,000 but, with doubts about its status, had it regraded by, we presume, CGC, who knocked it down to a 5.0, a significant difference in condition and value.

And now, My News LA is reporting that Nash Tennant of Sherman Oaks is suing PGX Comics, alleging breach of contract, fraud, civil conspiracy and negligence. The lawsuit also states “The difference between a 7.5 comic book and a 5.0 comic book is extremely large.”

Not only shold this lawsuit fail, it will fail. And everybody at CGC should also hope it fails.

Otherwise, every book that was graded differently by CGC upon resubmission would also be be fodder for lawsuits.

Well said

Going on the news article, it seems the person suing might be a board member/lurker. At the end of the article, it implies that the seller was apparently an employee of pgx that willfully bumped the grade to manipulate price. Im guessing he bought a ryan elliot book.

This is more of a good example of the state of society and

not so much a grading company's incompetence.

People don't take responsibility for their own stupidity

and look for any out to pass the buck.

I think someone mentioned earlier on that if the book graded

higher, would the guy have spoken up.

I think not, obviously.

I think not, obviously.

Im going on the belief, that i just made up, that the person suing was well aware the book would come back a lower grade. If i was a lawyer and could do lawyer stuff myself, i would do stuff like this. Buy a book from ryan elliot, dude who buys lower grade cgc copies, cracks them, bumps the grade, and sells them, and have it graded by cgc. Get lots of evidence of him doing it and sue pgx in hopes of Getting them to stop allowing ryan to do this stuff.

I think not, obviously.

Im going on the belief, that i just made up, that the person suing was well aware the book would come back a lower grade. If i was a lawyer and could do lawyer stuff myself, i would do stuff like this. Buy a book from ryan elliot, dude who buys lower grade cgc copies, cracks them, bumps the grade, and sells them, and have it graded by cgc. Get lots of evidence of him doing it and sue pgx in hopes of Getting them to stop allowing ryan to do this stuff.

That's a lot of effort to prove a point.

Educating the industry through word of mouth would be effective.

This person is looking for reward and comes off in a similar sleazy manner

of getting rich quick.

We don't even know if the book that was graded by PGX was submitted in the same condition to CGC.

...or if it's the same book...... chain of custody, etc., etc...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think not, obviously.

That's a lot of effort to prove a point.

Educating the industry through word of mouth would be effective.

This person is looking for reward and comes off in a similar sleazy manner

of getting rich quick.

If he is a lawyer and does this a lot, it shouldnt be too hard. Did they ever discuss how much was at stake? Isnt it just $10,000? I was thinking the proof would just be the thread about ryan elliots sales on ebay.

Disclaimer: im not a lawyer and have no idea how difficult this stuff is. This is just a conspiracy theory that is baseless and i made up to make it more interesting in my mind.

If there are no other lawyers on the board...

You can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting at least five lawyers. :gossip:

If there are no other lawyers on the board...

You can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting at least five lawyers. :gossip:

Does anyone have some dead cats for sale? :D