• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Galleries

86 posts in this topic

Dave.. awesome pictorial.. thnx.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Felt like I was almost there... and did they have drool gaurds in place around everything..? or did they just hand you a towel when you first walk in.. tongue.gif

Sounds like there was something for everyone.

About how long did the tour take?

Ze-

So,Steve Geppi wears a name tag around his own studio/gallery? whas up with dat?

I remember a conversation with him from '88 and not believing the extent of his collection. I don't even want to think about what it must look like fifteen years later hail.gif

I've never understood how the gallery operates. Is it open on for vistors with regular hours and so on or just special events by invite only?

I haven't seen anything on the website to encourage vistors. What's the deal?

Pete

So,Steve Geppi wears a name tag around his own studio/gallery? whas up with dat?

I remember a conversation with him from '88 and not believing the extent of his collection. I don't even want to think about what it must look like fifteen years later hail.gif

That's my bad - Geppi/Overstreet/Gordon was from the Baltimore Comic-Con. Steve wore an Orioles shirt at his own gallery (no name tag)

I've never understood how the gallery operates. Is it open on for vistors with regular hours and so on or just special events by invite only?

I haven't seen anything on the website to encourage vistors. What's the deal?

Pete

By appointment only - but anyone can make an appointment. Just give 'em a call,

super friendly people down there,

I wanted to share with everyone some cool photos from my tour of the Diamond Galleries. I had a great time and would like to thank everyone at Diamond / Gemstone for the experience.

I would highly recommend that everyone who has the time take advantage of the gallery. It is a mecca of comic-dom and something that everyone should see if they can,

Here come the pictures,

Hey DAM thanks for the post - awesome stuff and congrats, that is quite the Door Prize. One issue - dude ya need to change the Avatar and sigline man, he's only some Canucklehead from the left coast, just because he's got some nice DC comic books does not make him 893censored-thumb.gif Yoda poke2.gif

Its starting to wig me out........

Ya Ze - I know that :P it was a typo, I meant Dam, just a sec

Great.. now MY post looks utterly silly.

Wait it already did.

27_laughing.gif

Was just kiddin ya anyhow.. I am the tyop king.

Ze-

Ya Ze - I know that :P it was a typo, I meant Dam, just a sec

Great.. now MY post looks utterly silly.

Wait it already did.

27_laughing.gif

Was just kiddin ya anyhow.. I am the tyop king.

Ze-

Naw Scott and Garth have already razzed me about the typo thing, to which I usually reply that I am too busy working (a concept those slackers need to learn) poke2.gif to check my spelling. SInce its Saturday, not sure what my excuse is... OK I'm done enough hijacking....

712060-foster.jpg

some great strip art; I believe that this Flash was done by Hal Foster.

Looks like Alex Raymond.

ya beat me to it!!!!! funny but Hal Foster and Alex Raymond are probably cloud9.gif two of my absolute faves. Foster never drew flash gordon. he was a Tarzan and Prince Valiant kind of guy.............

Gotta run, but I will post some more fun pics when I get back or maybe tomorrow.

Thanks again to the boys at Gemstone / Diamond! 893applaud-thumb.gif

uh, Dam when you gonna tell the guys that the Door Prize thingee was a joke?!?!?!? grin.gif

what's that Frazetta worth?????