• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to sell DC Horror books

20 posts in this topic

I have a reasonable group of DC horrors, most in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. I could send them off to CGC to be graded, but I am guessing it wouldn't be the best way to sell, since I don't think there is a significant premium paid for this grade range and the CGC cost is pretty high. Am I better off offering them here with high grade scans so a potential buyer can decide for themselves?

I have a reasonable group of DC horrors, most in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. I could send them off to CGC to be graded, but I am guessing it wouldn't be the best way to sell, since I don't think there is a significant premium paid for this grade range and the CGC cost is pretty high. Am I better off offering them here with high grade scans so a potential buyer can decide for themselves?
You should try listing it on the forums, as there are a lot of DC horror collectors on the board. What era are these books from mostly? yay.gif

Hey Rip,

A little off topic, but, will you ever find a Tomahawk 116??? I've been looking for quite a while and I never see this book in high grade. As a matter of fact, I think issues 100 through 129 or so are all tough to find in high grade — at least for me. Does anyone else come across these books very often?

Here is a starting list. I have just started to go through about 20k of books and I have these DC horrors spread through about 10 or so boxes so it will take me some time to find them all. I dread really trying to grade, but they are in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. I think I will try to set up a site with scans so people can judge for themselves, but I will try at give them the grade I feel is accurate.

Phantom Stranger 12, 16, 17

House of Secrets 84, 95, 98, 100,

House of Mystery 187, 191, 196, 198, 200, 202, 208, 213

Like I said, a lot more to pull,but this is the start. As soon as I decide what to do (CGC, one lot, part em out) I will let everyone know. Also, DrBanner gets first stab at the HOS 84 and HOM 187 and 191.

Here is a starting list. I have just started to go through about 20k of books and I have these DC horrors spread through about 10 or so boxes so it will take me some time to find them all. I dread really trying to grade, but they are in the 8.0 to 9.0 range. I think I will try to set up a site with scans so people can judge for themselves, but I will try at give them the grade I feel is accurate.

Phantom Stranger 12, 16, 17

House of Secrets 84, 95, 98, 100,

House of Mystery 187, 191, 196, 198, 200, 202, 208, 213

Like I said, a lot more to pull,but this is the start. As soon as I decide what to do (CGC, one lot, part em out) I will let everyone know. Also, DrBanner gets first stab at the HOS 84 and HOM 187 and 191.

thumbsup2.gif