• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

:news:Katheryn's wishlist...

If you want do something, but don't have anything to donate, or the time...there are some very inexpensive items on here, especially if you have prime or know someone who does.

A few people asked, so I'm posting it again:)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3MT2B1IV58SIH/ref=cm_wl_huc_view

Thursday night, HarveySwick posted a message about one of our board members, Richard aka Stormsurge.

I'm going to post his message here below this one.

Richard (Stormsurge) is a Veteran, he was in the Air Force. He has a young daughter a wife, and a terminal illness.

He has medical bills/bills of just under $5k and when he was asked if there was anything else specific, he mentioned going on a trip to Disney to give his daughter a last memory.

Richard has applied to the Dream Foundation, but has not been accepted yet (this news is very new). It's getting hotter in Florida and time is short, so our goal is to pay the bills and send him and his family to Disney. I'm aiming for $15k.

Should the Foundation answer and give him a grant the $10k can be used towards Kathryn's education, or anything else she and his wife need.

All funds raised in this thread will go directly to Richard and his family.

Please post anything you wish to donate directly in this thread. Items should be comics, or comic related, but if you have something else you wish to donate or you are not sure, just PM me.

Kindly specify if shipping is included. If it's not included out of your Country, please specify costs to other places, or that it's US or Canada or wherever, only.

All payments will go directly to Richard and will be paid by the buyer directly into his Paypal Account. If you can, personal payments are encouraged. This is a helping a friend thread, so those payments have always qualified. I've called Paypal in the past and they have not had a problem with it.

If you prefer using the regular method of course that's fine, too.

I will send invoices to everyone who makes a purchase and I will give you Richard's PP in the invoice. Buyers, Please try to remember to list your board name with the payment, it's very important so that we can match the name and the payment to each item. We also keep

a spreadsheet showing all the payments made.

Donors of items, please remember to mail the item promptly and to include tracking. We are going to ask for a tracking number for each item.

HarveySwick, Ebtorres and I will all be taking care of the background stuff, so don't be surprised if you get an invoice from any of us.

We all have Richard's PP account info so you can pm any of us if you wish to make a cash donation.

Kathryn is going to work on an Amazon wish list, so if anyone wants to send her something, we should have that soon.

If you have something that you wish to donate, but can only afford or wish to only donate a percentage, please list that item in a separate thread, not in this one. We will gladly add your contribution here, but it gets a little complicated when invoicing, so it’s just easier if it’s separate. You are encouraged to post a link in this thread to your other thread.

Thank you all once again!

Sharon

It's time for the community to come together for another Board charity fundraising thread to help out a member of this community: Stormsurge/Richard Rockwood.

I first learned about his situation from several friends here and fans of The Walking Dead as they remarked about Stormsurge's OA sales thread found HERE.

A few boardies had PM’ed him to ask him about the art and his situation and here is what was learned:

Rich was first diagnosed with Melanoma in October of 2013 and had surgery to remove a tumor in his neck in November of that year. During this procedure they also removed 10 lymph nodes. In March of 2014, Rich started on interferon treatments for close to a year which he just recently finished three months ago and had a clear PET scan this past November. Unfortunately, this past weekend he started having bad headaches and vision issues. An MRI on Monday showed four tumors present in his brain. The doctors say it’s incurable and that radiation will only reduce the symptoms. The prognosis is that he has about six months - with a month or two on either side.

Rich is selling off his beloved collection of Walking Dead OA to put some money aside for his wife and 11 year old daughter. This is a very sad story. You can find it posted on Splash Page Art by the owner, Mark Hay. HERE

He's trying to set aside money for his wife of 15 years, Julie, and 11 year old daughter, Kathryn. He is also trying to pay off some bills so that his family is not stuck with that burden. He bought health insurance on his own and he met his deductible for the year but still needs to pay about $4,000 that has not been billed yet. Additionally, he has about $500 in hospital bills from the end of 2013 that haven't been paid.

I asked Rich if there was anywhere he and his family would like to go or anything they would like to do. He said that they would like to go to Disney World.

I've seen this community come together before and it's just something amazing to see. Anything will help; a small donation, a book, ANYTHING. If you do, please be sure to include your Board name so we can track the donations.

Hearing Rich's story and thinking of my own young daughter and how sad this situation is, I think it would be nice to spread some joy and help out if we can.

Skypinkblu, ebtorres and Thirdgreenham have volunteered to help run this thread. :foryou:

mslpoj.jpg

Rich & Julie

w8rzw4.jpg

Rich & Kathryn

What do you say CGC community? :foryou:

Captain America "The Classic Years" SOLD

2 volume, slipcased set. The books are in nice condition, there is a little bit of wear on the case. If you want to read the old Cap GA stories but don't have thousands to spend, this is a great set. Price is $65, all funds go to Richard. Shipping (media mail on this one) is included in the US. I think they are too heavy to ship out of the US, but if you want to pay for shipping, I will do it.

captainamerica1and2.jpg

I don't have anything to sell for this thread but I would like to make a donation.

Can someone send me the PayPal address? I will send a money donation.

Sorry to read this news and hope things gets better for him and his family.

Thanks for all you do Sharon.

Marc

These threads bring out the best of the boards in trying times.

I'll cover Ship US and Canada, elsewhere, we'll work it out.

3 Books:

ASM 200 Stan Lee & Keith Pollard Sig, 7.0 might press to an 8.0. $50 :news: SOLD :news:

OOAW 56 4.0 $20 :news: SOLD :news:

Avengers 53 8.5 $60 :news: SOLD :news:

asm_200_sig_1_zps9pwpakdv.jpg

asm_200_sig_2_zpsrd7xqupv.jpg

ooaw_56_1_zpsozamzf5e.jpg

ooaw_56_2_zpskz2arkfk.jpg

avengers_53_1_zpsjz1upfhi.jpg

avengers_53_2_zpsrbqxdwxk.jpg

34tantd.jpg

A very generous member who wishes to remain anonymous has donated this.

The book is in my possession as it was originally my book. The member bought the book from me a couple of months ago and asked me to hold off in shipping. He now wants to donate the book with all proceeds going to Rich and his family. (worship)

The Walking Dead #1 9.8 Black Label

$2,100 shipped US. International buyers please PM first.

I would like to donate 2 comics created and autographed by board members.

The Ghost of Kareema Lou autographed on the inside of the front cover by the creative team including Beau Trussell, former board member Beau (RIP).

Vortech #2 autographed by Dr. Balls. His signature appropriately reads "Dr. Balls". He contributed a pin-up to this issue and it was his first published comic work.

I would like $30for the pair with free shipping anywhere.SOLD to thirdegreenham.

ghost%20of%20kareema-lou%201_zpsne6h8xw5.jpg

th_ghost%20of%20kareema-lou%201b_zpshuqsrwww.jpg

vortech%202_zpsyrkmxmp0.jpg

The Walking Dead #1 9.8 Black Label

$2,100 shipped US. International buyers please PM first.

:o

Yeah, that is truly amazing.

Good on you, anonymous boardie! :applause:

This. I salute you ! :golfclap:

I don't have anything to sell for this thread but I would like to make a donation.

Can someone send me the PayPal address? I will send a money donation.

Sorry to read this news and hope things gets better for him and his family.

Thanks for all you do Sharon.

Marc

Thank you, Mark and thanks to everyone...pm sent

Strangers in Paradise lot of 115

$80 Shipped to US

International buyers please PM me to discuss.

1zcl8uq.jpg

nxjj1t.jpg

4imrl0.jpg

I'll get more detailed info later.

Vol. 1: #1 - 3 Gold Logo Reprints

Vol. 2: #1 (1st Printing), #2 (2nd Printing), #3 - 6 (1st Printings), #7 Gold Logo Reprint, #8-13

Vol. 3: #1 - 90 w/variants. Missing a few issues.

Grades range from Good to NM. Volume 2 are all bagged and Boarded. Volume 3 is varied. I can get more detailed info to any interested buyers. I just wanted to post this up early. Now off to go play with my daughter for a bit. :)

Batman From the 30s to the 70s. Vintage compilation book filled with GA/SA/BA stories, mostly black & white with some color inserts. Spectacular Infantino/Anderson cover. The dust jacket is in much better than average condition; beautiful colors, clean and glossy, just a 3/4" tear at the bottom of the spine and what looks like lamination wrinkles on the back. "Cool book!" :)

$50 shipped media in US. SOLD

egacgo.jpg

2aify3r.jpg

TWD #1

:takeit:

Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family Rich.

Brian

Thank you, Brian... (worship)

I just said to Brian that I first met him years ago when he was a brand new member but wrote to me to help Mike (ComicDonna) after he lost his house due to a fire.

We have such wonderful people here, thanks to Brian and the Donor!!!

I need a box of tissues...