• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For which Book are you Master of Your Domain

186 posts in this topic

ASM #238 and #239. I have slabbed half a dozen 9.8 copies of each plus the #238 9.9. This is a tricky book to find with White Pages but all of my copies had WP. It also feels like I have bought and sold 95% of the world's Elseworlds #1 and L.O.E.G. #5 "Marvel Ad" issues !!!

Surprisingly enough, I also seem to have a pretty good census and market knowledge of the Thor Journey Into Mystery run. 893whatthe.gif

ASM #238 and #239. I have slabbed half a dozen 9.8 copies of each plus the #238 9.9. This is a tricky book to find with White Pages but all of my copies had WP.

Thirteen 9.8 and higher copies suggests it's not all that tricky to find with white pages... confused.gif

Jim

ASM #238 and #239. I have slabbed half a dozen 9.8 copies of each plus the #238 9.9. This is a tricky book to find with White Pages but all of my copies had WP.

Thirteen 9.8 and higher copies suggests it's not all that tricky to find with white pages... confused.gif

Jim

Jim

These copies were stored together under optimum conditions from the time of purchase which is why they all scored W. #238-9 are notorious in the Copper Age as usually showing up in OWW or OW.

I think 8.0 is doable. Maybe 8.5, but the creases along the right edge are a little long for VF+. Maybe though! Nice book. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif Thanks. The back is equivalent....too tired to scan it right now. Your copies sound pretty awesome. Post them sometime.

I posted a week ago or so in the pedigree poker thread.

I'd have to say that there are a few books that i know well.

X men #1 thumbsup2.gif (owned several copies from a raw 3.0 up through a CGC 8.0 and 8.5 and a raw VF/NM). I can grade that book pretty solid and know where a lot of the hi grades are. ALso know most of the hi grade census stats.

Wolverine #1 mini...know the ins and outs of the QP with that book..one of my fav. story arcs. owned 20 or 30 893scratchchin-thumb.gif copies in the pst 2 years (incl. CGC 9.4, 9.6, 9.8 and a 9.9).

I think 8.0 is doable. Maybe 8.5, but the creases along the right edge are a little long for VF+. Maybe though! Nice book. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif Thanks. The back is equivalent....too tired to scan it right now. Your copies sound pretty awesome. Post them sometime.

I posted a week ago or so in the pedigree poker thread.

I'll go back and look. Middle age memory loss bites, you know. Christo_pull_hair.gif

hey Beyo - what were the grades you got on those books? any way to tie the CGC score back to the Image #?

i'm asking because i'd like to compare those cover scans to some books i have at home

If I had a "thing" for it, I could be the master of Avengers (vol. 1) #26. I swear, I've seen more copies of that one issue in LCS's over the past year than any other SA issue, by FAR. I don't know why it's so readily available everywhere. I know it's not in high demand, but neither is any issue around it. It's weird.

If I had a "thing" for it, I could be the master of Avengers (vol. 1) #26. I swear, I've seen more copies of that one issue in LCS's over the past year than any other SA issue, by FAR. I don't know why it's so readily available everywhere. I know it's not in high demand, but neither is any issue around it. It's weird.

Avengers 25 is in strong demand because of the Doom cover, although that would be the exception to the rule. Most of the issues from 23 - 31 seem to be very common, and there have been warehouse finds of 24 and 27, maybe 26 too.

screwy.gif

gossip.gif Not really any different that a set of AT 25.

It's a lot different, you only have 3 copies. I have 3 copies of a lot of books. Hell, I have 3 copies of Youngblood #1, Spawn #1, etc.

screwy.gif