• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Jim Lee Ever Finish All Star Batman and Robin?

15 posts in this topic

So I noticed that Jim Lee managed to find time to draw MasterMen.

It's a new title from Grant Morison that is not part of the current continuity of the DC Universe.

So why not finish All Star instead?

Cheers!

N.

:gossip:I have been told, by someone that knows, it is, the problem is Frank.

I've been told by my common sense that this is true.

While inker Scott Williams has no creative decision making, he has indicated that DC owes it to the fans to complete the story.

Jim Lee drawing Adolf Hitler on the toilet in MasterMen won't win him any new fans or an Eisner award any time soon. I'm sure All Star would outsell MasterMen.

Cheers!

N.

Jim Lee had acknowledged that the problem was him not Frank. Frank submitted the full scripts long ago.

Cheers!

N.

he would have to say that no matter what. No point in throwing a legend under a bus. So I'm not sure this statement means anything either way.

I would not mind seeing an ending to All Star Batman. If I remember it was part of the Dark Knight Returns universe...

The problem is that I forget where we left off in the story and my copies are long gone when I sold off my Batman run.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Millers Batman universe all of the following:

Batman Year 1

All Star Batman

Dark Knight Returns

Dark Knight Returns II

Frank was under contract by DC so there is no reason to doubt that he submitted all the scripts before moving onto Holy Terror.

Jim on the other hand, was working on the DC online video game, serving as co-publisher, drawing multiple variant covers, planning the new 52 DC reboot, drawing the Justice League, drawing Superman Unchained, attending conventions worldwide, being a new dad, drawing MasterMen, etc.

It's much easier for a writer to crank out a -script then it is for an artist to draw the issue.

There are plenty of new talented artists looking for work. There is no reason why Jim should be pencilling anything except All Star.

Cheers!

N.