• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the SA cut off?

16 posts in this topic

Yep, this was the thread that sucked me into these forums. cool.gif And if you'll allow me to focus in on the part of the thread that speaks to Silver-to-Bronze transitions,

here 'tis.

For the specific case of Daredevil, I'll second sullypython's recommendation of

Daredevil 81 - Nov/1971 - (Black Widow team ups begin)

Cheers,

Z.

What exactly is "squarebound?" I've seen it referred to several times. but never defined.

Your average comic book is "saddle stitched" - that is, the pages are all folded individually and then two staples (or one in WWII days) are stapled as close to the fold as is possible (lot of misses) - basically your everyday comic book.

A Squarebound has ther pages setup in such a way that they are kind of "stacked" instead of all having a common fold. More like a paperback book. The result is a real "spine" that is thick and flat. While stapled (with larger, thicker staples) the inner pages are glued to the cover. The result is a flat edged cover that looks more like a paperback book than a regular comic with the pages just folded and stapled.

Supapimp said:

"this is back in the "golden age" when the forum was fun with less chatting, non informative posts..."

I am with you pimp. I was one of the original regulars on these boards just after it went up, but I had to dedicate most of my time elsewhere late last year. After a few months off, I came back, but these boards are a whole different place. I check in now, and a topic will have 70 replies, but 65 of those will have nothing to do with the topic. I am getting tired of weeding through all the individual conversations and arguments, especially those that have nothing to do with comics. That is what email and instant messages are for. I have noticed that alot of the old regulars rarely post anymore (if they post at all). I can't say I blame them. I actually find myself posting a little more in the sportscard boards now because at least they stay on topic. I know this post will probably drop me to one star, and make me the target of all sorts of flaming, but I know I am not alone and I have to vent!

Some posters are having a contest to catch the #1 poster by arbitrarily talking about sports or world news. Lots of posts with no type at all. Just flaming, smiley faces, sad faces, etc. It has become a matter of stats. Person feels they MUST post 50 /day even if they don't say anything after working an 8 hr shift.