• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Guangzhou (China) -- May 30-June 1, 2015

28 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

thanks for reading my review of the event. I have updated it with the only reply we have received from Wizard World. I agree with Trekfan that Wizard World should take some culpability and financial responsibility for the event, but Wizard World seems to disagree.

Our friends received the following reply from “Heather,” a Wizard World customer service agent:

"Thanks for your note. To attain a refund you will need contact the ticket provider from whom you purchased admission. Wizard World did not contract with the ticketing agency for this event."

We have actually long given up any hope of getting a refund; our only goal at this point is to get the word out about just how bad the event was, that Fanstang is a fraud company, and that Wizard World has handled the whole thing terribly.

Breaking into Asia - that will bring the hobby to the next level price wise...

If it really breaks into China etc then hold onto your hats gentlemen and get your comics before prices go through the roof. Demand will go up a lot, and supply will not... the result...

Asia is known for it's fanatic collectors and for example much of the world market for collecting coins and watches is in Asia. If this happens to comics... we better buy the comics we want before that happens..

If that report from the con is true, then it is such a shame... Wizard needs to have much better quality control. This is why western companies send quality controllers to Chine when having things produced there..Chinese CAN produce great products but are unlikely to unless controlled.

Comic cons in China as a concept is great - absolutely. But it needs to be done well. Then I'll also go to China next time..