• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with Florida Postal Service Delaying Return Shipping?

17 posts in this topic

Hi all. Eagerly awaiting my first submission return from CGC .... but there's apparently a problem. Called for the tracking number today and when I input it on the USPS website I discovered that my package arrived at a postal unit in Sarasota on Thursday, April 9, where it sat for two days before being transferred to a Tampa postal unit, where it was finally sent after 9 p.m. on Saturday, the 11th. Still listed as in transit, but no idea where it might be. This shipped Priority 2-Day. I should have had this no later than Saturday, so curious what the problem is.

Has anyone else noted excessive postal delays on your CGC returns? I've never had a Priority Mail delivery delayed this long and am worried it may be lost.

Keep pursuing the issue, but it definitely sounds familiar to have delays of a couple days & tracking not updated...similar issues have been posted here a number of times, and resolved happily in the vast majority of cases. Hopefully it will randomly roll in safe and sound.

Hi all. Eagerly awaiting my first submission return from CGC .... but there's apparently a problem. Called for the tracking number today and when I input it on the USPS website I discovered that my package arrived at a postal unit in Sarasota on Thursday, April 9, where it sat for two days before being transferred to a Tampa postal unit, where it was finally sent after 9 p.m. on Saturday, the 11th. Still listed as in transit, but no idea where it might be. This shipped Priority 2-Day. I should have had this no later than Saturday, so curious what the problem is.

Has anyone else noted excessive postal delays on your CGC returns? I've never had a Priority Mail delivery delayed this long and am worried it may be lost.

If it's coming via USPS directly from CGC, it's coming Registered, not Priority. Registered is the most secure method of shipping a package via USPS and generally takes longer.

how do you know it shipped priority 2-day?

2 days is excessive? I've never had a shipment take longer than 5 business days to get to me, which is in no-way excessive, in my opinion. Sample size is small, only 5 shipments from CGC, but the most recent one was about 5 business days from when the tracker said "Shipped/Safe".

In regards to the question of how I know it shipped Priority 2-day, it says so on the USPS site. Of course, it sat at the postal service that long, so not quite 2 days there. Just seems a bit out of the norm for Priority Mail, which I've typically known as taking no more than 4 business days to arrive.

Just received this update ...

"The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS facility in LAS VEGAS, NV 89199 on April 15, 2015 at 9:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

So I'm kind of assuming it should be arriving today. If I receive a crushed box, my family will see a grown man cry. Ha.

Registered mail starts out as Prioirity mail and than you add registered to it. It does not ship with priority mail, it ships in a container with other registered mail. It does go air mail, and has to be hand signed for each step of the way creating a paper trail as each employee handles the packages.

Sometimes the mail gets shuffled to some strange places before arriving. I have a package recently that took a nice tour of the country and it is supposed to get delivered to me here in Phoenix today. I hope it had fun visiting Memphis and Denver though (sent from Georgia originally).

Packages are going to travel sometimes-- it's in their nature.

My packages take better vacations than I do.

:D

(I hope Pirate doesn't see this.)

meh... I have a package (comics, but not CGC) lost in a Pennsylvania warehouse since February 23rd. You just have to wait sometimes. And hope. And pray. And cry a little.

I have the same exact problem. Arrived at Tampa on 4/10, departed Tampa on 4/10, and arrived at Jacksonville on 4/11 which is where it is currently at. Hope there is an update soon on their website on where the package is.