• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 76 CT?

8 posts in this topic

I don't know what that blue is, but I don't think color touch. Is there any bleed thru on the inside front cover?

The blue is cyan: one of the four colors used in printing a 4-color piece like a comic book (yellow, magenta, cyan, black). The cyan looks like something like minor issues with the negatives that burned the plates or the plates themselves.

Otherwise seems to be OK on my netbook monitor (the scan handled Ctrl-+ quite well.)

Hi guys I have this GL 76 that has some possible areas of resto but because I am colour blind it is hard for me to tell!

It is not the colors you should be looking at in hand anyway.

You should tilt the book in the light and look for different reflectivity on all surfaces of the cover, both inside and out. When checking the inside, look through it with a light source behind it, for areas of opacity. Of course look for bleed through on the inside. If you find any discrepancies, feel them for a difference from the normal cover stock.

If it was just colors we were looking at, no one would ever catch near perfect matches.

Doesn't look like color touch to me either...

That cyan spot on the edge of the "L" in "Lantern" is fairly common on this book (I think my copy has the same spot, but I don't have it in hand).

As an FYI, I did a quick Google image search for "Green Lantern 76", and all the copies I saw there also appear to have that cyan spot...

Hi guys I have this GL 76 that has some possible areas of resto but because I am colour blind it is hard for me to tell!

It is not the colors you should be looking at in hand anyway.

You should tilt the book in the light and look for different reflectivity on all surfaces of the cover, both inside and out. When checking the inside, look through it with a light source behind it, for areas of opacity. Of course look for bleed through on the inside. If you find any discrepancies, feel them for a difference from the normal cover stock.

If it was just colors we were looking at, no one would ever catch near perfect matches.

^^