• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The road towards a Comic Quiz game on these Boards....

20 posts in this topic

So I posted a link about a potential quiz game a while back. This is the first step towards that game, a survey of questions. The idea is to get as many people to participate as possible. All the questions have multiple answers, I'm hoping that enough people will answer that there will be diversity in the answers.

The game would work like Family Feud where you would get points based upon the popularity of your answer. Surveys like this would create that heirarchy of answers.

After enough questions are answered, the actual game show would begin. Remember, these surveys create the point values for the answers, this isnt the actual contest. However the contest is not possible without these surveys

Let's see if this thing gains any traction :wishluck: or is a colossal failure...:sorry:

If this works, I'll post more surveys so there will be a decent amount of questions. Question suggestions are welcome, only caveat is that there must be multiple correct answers.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/33v96iz9itd9yau654581

Ideally, I want this to become a regular contest. I'll find a nice prize and maybe in the future it will be donation based.

If you have any question suggestions, lmk, I need lots of more questions. Tons.

Ideally, I want this to become a regular contest. I'll find a nice prize and maybe in the future it will be donation based.

What comic has the best potential of doubling in the next year... :insane:

What comic has the best potential of doubling in the next year... :insane:

Fair enough, only the answers will determine if the question is tossed. If there is too much diversity in the questions or not enough, the question will be tossed or used as a tie breakers or something.

But I like the question, I want it to be all encompassing questions, not just reguar "Superhero" questions

You have to make sure the answers can't be googled.

Like, what were the names of the twins that lived at 344 Clinton St?

I'm not sure how Google would help as these are to be questions with answers based on most popular responses(to my understanding). General questions like "what is a popular accessory superheroes wear or carry with them?" or "favorite movie theater snack?". Stuff like that.

I'm not sure how Google would help as these are to be questions with answers based on most popular responses(to my understanding). General questions like "what is a popular accessory superheroes wear or carry with them?" or "favorite movie theater snack?". Stuff like that.

THANK YOU STEVEINTHECITY!!!

Google the answer all you want.

So lets say 100 people answer the questions "Which DC character protects a city". Of the 100, 30 people answered Batman, 20 said Flash, 18 said Superman, etc. All the answers are correct, if you said Flash, you get 20 points, so you'e be losing to the person who said Batman as they would have 30 points.

Thats why I'm looking for questions that have multiple answers, technically, it's not right or wrong, it's whose answers are more popular.

Sweet jesus am I the only person alive whose seen Family Feud!!!?!

So lets say 100 people answer the questions "Which DC character protects a city". Of the 100, 30 people answered Batman, 20 said Flash, 18 said Superman, etc. All the answers are correct, if you said Flash, you get 20 points, so you'e be losing to the person who said Batman as they would have 30 points.

Thats why I'm looking for questions that have multiple answers, technically, it's not right or wrong, it's whose answers are more popular.

So you're going to award points based on answers submitted? Sounds like a lot of work to keep track.

So you're going to award points based on answers submitted? Sounds like a lot of work to keep track.

I plan to, yes its work, but its kind of fun.

Overall looking good so far. Theres one "comedian" who put down stupid answers, glad to see maturity still eludes some. Other than that of the 20 questions, only one will be getting tossed because everyone thus far has answered the same thing.

But looking good so far. I'll get these totaled eventually, and post another 20 questions. Kepp doing that until I have at least 50 questions, and then I'll make an announcement for the game.

If you havent taken the survey please do, or if you know others, have them take it too. The more people the better. Lets try to get a large sample pool