• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silicon Valley Comic Con March 18-20 2016

41 posts in this topic

Finally getting more shows in the bay area :applause:.

SVCC App just released for iOS and Android

The SVCC app allows you to view the complete show schedule, floor map, guests and exhibitor list.

Android App

iOS App

Silicon Valley Comic Con

http://svcomiccon.com/

Silicon Valley Comic Con brings together America’s two greatest superheroes: Pop Culture and Technology. Presented by Steve Wozniak and featuring top celebrities, comics, independent artists, cosplay, video games, consumer electronics, music and apps, Silicon Valley Comic Con is where entertainment and our electronic worlds intersect.

Show dates and times

Silicon Valley Comic Con will open on Friday, March 18th from 5-9pm, and run through Sunday, March 20th. Show hours on Saturday are 10am-6pm and Sunday from 10am-5pm. While purchasing a pass grants you access to the show, it does not guarantee that you will be able to meet the guest you came to meet, or attend panels.

SAN JOSE

CONVENTION

CENTER

150 West San Carlos ST

San Jose, CA 95113

1-800-SAN-JOSE

Price

You can purchase tickets here: https://register.growtix.com/e/silicon_valley_comic_con

Adults:

Friday Preview: March 18th, 5-9pm (Preview) $25.00

Saturday, March 19th, 10am-6pm: $50.00

Sunday, March 20th, 10am-5pm: $50.00

3-Day $99.00

Kids: (12 and under)

Friday (Preview) $10.00

Saturday $20.00

Sunday $20.00

3-Day $39.00

VIP $250.00 (Limited to 350)

VIP Entrance

3-Day Event and Priority Panel Entry

Fast Pass Photo Line

Private VIP Lounge (Includes private ATM, Coat Check, and Snacks)

Private Autograph Signing in VIP Lounge with one of two special guests

VIP Platinum $500.00 (Limited to 100)

VIP Plus:

Limited Edition T-shirt

Line Hopper Pass

One Ticket to Exclusive Cocktail Reception with Steve Wozniak

VIP Diamond *$899.00 (Limited to 50)*

VIP Platinum plus:

3 - Night Stay in Partner Hotel: (Choose from San Jose Marriott, Hilton San Jose or Hyatt Place, based on availability. Taxes not included.)

http://svcomiccon.com/guests/

Show Schedule

http://svcomiccon.com/the-show/schedule/

Panel

Current SVCC Program Guide and panel schedule

http://svcomiccon.com/static/downloads/SVCC_ProgramGuide_Schedule.pdf

Should be a fun one. There won't be a Big Wow next year. Kind of a bummer, but I'm anxious to see what this show brings.

I think this is simply a rebranded Big Wow, but with Stan Lee and Steve Woz behind it. So in theory the stuff you liked about Big Wow should still be there, but maybe (hopefully) there will be 'more' stuff.

http://svcomiccon.com/#secondPanel

here's the link.

$50 for Saturday????

Silicon Valley Comic Con is NOT Big Wow Comic Fest under a "different banner". The Silicon guys did purchase Big Wow and intend to do a Big Wow show in 2016. However, the Silicon Valley show will include comics but a lot more. There will be a bigger focus on media guests and an entirely new aspect dealing with technology and pop culture. While Big Wow almost exclusively focused on comics and cosplay, Silicon Valley will focus on those aspects as well as many, many more. Think of a comparison between Heroes/Baltimore Comic-Cons on the one hand and San Diego on the other.

wouldn't kill them have a few more comic guests listed....

so far as a 'comic' show (and from most other standpoints), this show looks weak. Less than two months out, not a single panel scheduled, the days of appearances for celebs aren't listed (its for sure not all 3 days for each celeb), the comic guest list looks pretty thin (no disrespect) w/o headliners (Stan Lee?) or volume, no exhibitors or dealers listed, no schedule, and no discussion of promotion of how 'tech' will be integrated into this show.

Big Wow was one of the last few good comic and comic art shows, and now its been replaced by this disorganized mess of Wozniak. On the upside, tickets will most likely be available cheaply on living social or groupon at some point, since they're not doing their part to sell tickets EARLY, and there's no real 'historical' record of success to fall back on, since its their first show.

Its the freaking Silicon Valley, you'd think they could update their website more regularly (like when they know a guest will only be there on a certain day).

Big Wow was an amazing show the past few years, attracting big names from far away (Charlie Adlard, Dave Gibbons) and presenting a giant artist alley that really allowed fans to interact with creators. The exhibitor list was a wide mix of vendors with a variety of rarities. The show was a triumphant return to comic conventions of the past that focused on comics and their creators.

With this takeover, I can see the show becoming another entertainment expo that eschews comic space in favor or movies, sci-fi, electronics and other mediums that are better suited for their own conventions. Unless the Big Wow portion of the event maintains a similarly sized floor plan and the artist list remains formidable akin to the last few years, I doubt I will return to this show. The majority of my friends whose interests likewise remain focused on creator interaction feel the same.

What are the booth prices? The fact they don't have that anywhere on the site is a little scary.

And, again, I'm not sure why you need to jump in with a 3-day show right off the bat. You're asking a lot from dealers -- laying out a ton of money -- with pretty much nothing to show for what to expect.

Why not a great one-day show to start? Then push it to two. Then, if it warrants, three.

What are the booth prices? The fact they don't have that anywhere on the site is a little scary.

And, again, I'm not sure why you need to jump in with a 3-day show right off the bat. You're asking a lot from dealers -- laying out a ton of money -- with pretty much nothing to show for what to expect.

Why not a great one-day show to start? Then push it to two. Then, if it warrants, three.

Especially when Big Wow was a 2-day show, and the last 3-day show in San Jose, the first Wizard World last year, was generally considered a bust (although I suspect they booked 3-days before WWSJ embarrassed themselves).

The sad part is, San Jose is like a nerd mecca now with zillions of dudes 25-45 with high disposable income and a veerrrry low rate of women to men locally, the right type of con could essentially print money. But I THINK the right type of con is more about comics and toys and being a nerd rather than being a POP CULTURE GEEK. With that being said, the celeb list doesn't look too shabby, and they're smart to add a few comely ladies to the mix for all the lonely lads (they are legion). But the poor website is ...well....poor, and does them and everyone else a disservice.

My understanding is booth prices are $800 for regular booths in the Big Wow Pavilion. Supposedly all the dealer spaces in the Big Wow Pavillion is sold out and there is a waiting list.

On their facebook page, SVCC says they will be adding more comic guests soon. Having Stan Lee and Bob Layton there will definitely help bring in the comic crowd but more fan favorite artists or writers will definitely bring in more people to the show.

The celebrity guests look good and yes, I agree the website needs more work.