• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying a blacklight questions

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm thinking of buying a blacklight for checking restoration on comics

Is there any company that makes better quality blacklights than another?

does the counterfeit money blacklight work as well as any other?

Is a plumbers blacklight more powerful then the average one?

What restoration does it pick up and what does it not pic up on?

Thanks in advance :grin:

And some forms of restoration and color touch do not glow. No substitute for a well trained eye.

Joey I hope your well what kind of restoration doesn't show up? my guess is replaced and cleaned staples and trimmed comics

And some forms of restoration and color touch do not glow. No substitute for a well trained eye.

Joey I hope your well what kind of restoration doesn't show up? my guess is replaced and cleaned staples and trimmed comics

Some inks will not show up, black inks especially.

ok do you know what other inks don't show up? and what would be the best way to learn about this without it costing a arm and a leg?

ok do you know what other inks don't show up? and what would be the best way to learn about this without it costing a arm and a leg?

Do a search for "what glows under uv light". There are many hits there but you'll have to go through some and weed out what makes sense. I stopped using black light a long time ago for comics. Detecting color touch is not difficult, it just takes a lot of time and practice.

Same with detecting tear seals, p[ieces added, staples removed etc. Just practice.