• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystical tales #7 cover rumor.

14 posts in this topic

This book was one of a few that I picked up today from my local dealer. He told me that supposedly the individuals drawn on this cover were people who were active in the comic industry at the time. Does anyone recognize any faces or know if this is true?(Caution: large image for your viewing pleasure.) cm.jpg

Bald guy = Julius Schwartz ?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I definitely agree that the bald guy is likely Schwartz. The guy in the doorway looks like he could be Al Feldstein.

Nice book, by the way! thumbsup2.gif

After 12 years of collecting "horror" comics, this is the first I've heard of this rumor.

I dunno..... anything can happen with this hobby. I don't wanna burst your bubble, but I'd be surprised if this turned out true.... confused-smiley-013.gif

The guy in the doorway looks like he could be Al Feldstein.

I'd be surprised if this turned out true.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah..who knows. Couldn't find anything online in regards.

I wonder if Stan Lee would recognize any faces from the cover? I doubt if he would remember or even know if that was the intent, but if they ARE actually professionals from Comic Industry he may see a resemblence.

After EC stopped publishing the New Direction line, Feldstein and some others did work for Atlas for awhile. I don't know the exact date of this book, but it sure looks like it's from the right time frame.

Frazetta was very young around this time; the guy with the paint looks too old, though there is a facial resemblance.

If you want to see what Frazetta looked like in the mid fifties, check out SHOCK SUSPENSE #13. In the story that Frazetta drew, the villian of the piece is drawn in his own image.

Frazetta was very young around this time; the guy with the paint looks too old, though there is a facial resemblance.

If you want to see what Frazetta looked like in the mid fifties, check out SHOCK SUSPENSE #13. In the story that Frazetta drew, the villian of the piece is drawn in his own image.

kool. Thanks for the info thumbsup2.gif