• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IF U HAD A CHOICE BETWEEN.........................

45 posts in this topic

OS lists Superman #1 VF- CGC (7.5) $186,000

Ah, excellent! I suspect an FF #1 CGC 9.4 could go around $120K to $150K today, so it looks like Superman 1 in 7.5 has a slight edge.

I expect the edge starts to tip to FF's in 9.4 from #2 on up. I know Mark Wilson bought the White Mountain FF #2 CGC 9.4 in 2001 for around $25K and then sold it to Schmell a few months later for some higher amount; I don't think a Superman #2 in 7.5 would go for that much, would it?

Isn't the question which comics would you buy (with cash) and not which would you rather own? Either you purchase Captain Trips FF books at his price or the Superman books at their market value. The amount you pay varies with which one you choose.

OS lists Superman #1 VF- CGC (7.5) $186,000

Ah, excellent! I suspect an FF #1 CGC 9.4 could go around $120K to $150K today, so it looks like Superman 1 in 7.5 has a slight edge.

I expect the edge starts to tip to FF's in 9.4 from #2 on up. I know Mark Wilson bought the White Mountain FF #2 CGC 9.4 in 2001 for around $25K and then sold it to Schmell a few months later for some higher amount; I don't think a Superman #2 in 7.5 would go for that much, would it?

Isn't the question which comics would you buy (with cash) and not which would you rather own? Either you purchase Captain Trips FF books at his price or the Superman books at their market value. The amount you pay varies with which one you choose.

If that is the question, then I'd take the Superman books. I don't think the FFs have as much upside potential and they'd cost a hell of a lot more at this point.

Except Doug's F.F. #1 is a CGC 9.6, not a 9.4. 893naughty-thumb.gif

You misread--I was talking about his #2. The White Mountain copy of #1 is a CGC 9.2, so that's definitely not the one I was talking about.

I don't know who bought the FF #1 CGC 9.4 from Jay Parrino, although judging by the fact that Parrino listed it on E-Bay again last year, it could be that NOBODY bought that 9.4 copy of #1. blush.gif