• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Valiant Universe movies announced by Sony... Bloodshot first in 2017

202 posts in this topic

Yeah -- looks like it belongs on the Sci-Fi channel, a la their Swamp Thing film a few years back.

Still - excited to see characters like Armstrong & Bloodshot on screen at all.

But I remain skeptical of this whole digital-only notion as a way to "test" the market for the characters.

If The Transporter: Refueled could manage a theatrical release, why not hold for the same for something like this?

Looks like they were giving out a NYCC poster to go along with the announcement.

6r2qAQv.jpg

Is that Shadowman?!? Top right of poster?

Hard to tell. Not the best choice of artist for the poster IMHO..............

Looks like they were giving out a NYCC poster to go along with the announcement.

6r2qAQv.jpg

Is that Shadowman?!? Top right of poster?

Hard to tell. Not the best choice of artist for the poster IMHO..............

It's Shadowman. Which I look forward to seeing how they pull his character off.

I'm hoping the CGI will be better. These are the folks that pulled off Wolverine vs. Predator and later Batman vs. Darth Vader. And those were very well conceived and delivered..

:wishluck:

For all the nay-sayers we will find Valiant is going the right way about this. This will get their characters millions of views they never would have had. More people will see this digital show than read thier comics. These videos will be free. Youtube and streaming is the future and not the costly expensive movies.

Look at all the expensive movies that bombed over the summer. They were one and dones.

Valiant will become the kings of this new format. Kudos for them thinking ahead.

Which expensive superhero movies bombed this summer?
I am talking big special effect movies such as TMNT 2,GHOSTBUSTERS reboot,Independance Day 2,STAR TREK Beyond,THE BFG by Spielberg,Ben-Hur and Alice Through The Looking Glass. Billions were spent on these and all underperformed. What Valiant is doing is the new way to go. Adapt or die to new markets.

By the time the others find out Valiant will be the clear leader in that market. Think of Marvel in 2008.

Valiant 2016-2017 will be thought of as when they became mainstream big.

Stock up on your Valiant keys now.

I am talking big special effect movies such as TMNT 2,GHOSTBUSTERS reboot,Independance Day 2,STAR TREK Beyond,THE BFG by Spielberg,Ben-Hur and Alice Through The Looking Glass. Billions were spent on these and all underperformed. What Valiant is doing is the new way to go. Adapt or die to new markets.

By the time the others find out Valiant will be the clear leader in that market. Think of Marvel in 2008.

I hope you're right. I have a lot of very cool nostalgic memories riding on them not #$%#@ this up!

Okay, I see where you are coming from. I think a lot of that had to do with the underlying properties as well. A Ben-Hur remake was a mistake, as was ID2, another Star Trek, and the TMNT money grab.

WRT Valiant, time will tell, but they will be trying to enter a saturated/oversaturated hero market IMHO. They can't afford to come in with a weak first film as they do not have the widespread fanbase that characters from the Big 2 do.

As far as keys, the time to stock up was pre-PR piece on movie deal. Prices have pulled back as they have not made any real progress towards feature films since the announcement. This Super Power Beat Down approach will not do anything to change that. Until they actually get a feature film in production there is just as high a likelihood of prices dropping as there is for any gains. I am still buying them because I like the books, but there are better places to put your comic spec dollars to work. 2c