• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The movie industry and comics

8 posts in this topic

To everyone

It's been already 15 years since the first x-men got out and started a new period of movies directly adapted from our beloved characters.

How do you see this period reflected on the form of art that we cherish? Did it brought positive points in your opinion? Did it changed (or had in impact) on the way the comics community collect, the way people see comics, etc...?

What do you think overral?

regards

I think that movie hype is overrated in comics and wish it wasn't there.

Ditto. I was patiently waiting for the right Strange Tales 110 to come along for my Doc Strange run. But now only the most trashed copy might fall within my price range.

While I like some of the films, they don't always reflect what I like about the comics.

The movie and (previously) dvd hype (now Netflix hype) rejuvenated our back issue sales else nil demand for:

Rai 0, Eternal Warrior 4, 5,

slow sellers like Marvel Super-heroes 13, overstocked Ms Marvel #1, Marvel Spotlight 32 (Spider-woman), Capt Marvel #18(?), FF 66, 67, Avengers 54, 55, etc.

Dogs like DD 4 (Purple Man), Hulk 271 (Raccoon hype), Marvel mags with Raccoon or Starlord, Marvel Super-heroes 18 GotG.

Turds like Fury of Firestorm 1, Suicide Squad v. 1, #1, Brave Bold 25, 26, Showcase 30, Aquaman (SA) 1, overstocked Byrne Legends mini 1, 3, etc.

Perhaps move this discussion to Movie, TV comic section.

Thanks for the reply.

The demand for the different examples that you quoted, are they made more by comics collectors, new fans or speculators?

After the movie hype, does the demand still exists or end up going to the previous "levels" before the movies impact?

regards