• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Wolverine 1988 #35

9 posts in this topic

Top front left corner, is that a crease? And those are printing defects, not color loss? With slight soiling on back cover and (possibly) front defects, I don't think you could pull a 9.8 with this one, though that may not be what you're after.

Well, not sure if printing defects is the right description, but Wolverine Issue 35 is notorious because the entire run is effected by the color breaks. These are micro tears (not all the way through the covers) that were caused by one of the machines that was used in the assembly line due to the thickness of the issue IIRC. So it's pretty much what I think would be considered a manufacturing issue that effected the entire batch. There are prolly a few issues (I think only 5 have been 9.8 certified) that still have the defect although I think maybe 2 of those 9.8s that are the best maybe have less noticeable ones. So there is the borderline question. Not really sure if CGC views those as defects and then as long as the back is pristine then should be 9.8? Inquiring minds want to know!