• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four Annual 6 : Annihilus Club

30 posts in this topic

Just read this tonight for the first time, this is the most epic story I think I have ever read in a single issue. The negative zone, introducing Annihilus, epic battles, getting back to earth to see if sue and Franklin had survived. It's like reading an epic movie in one sitting. I feel so fulfilled that comics like these still gives me that amazement I used to get as a kid reading a comic.

What singles issues have you read that has also giving you this types of satisfaction?

FF Annual 6 is a great example. I have always really liked FF Annual 1 as well.

Probably not as popular a choice as others, but I've always had a soft spot for FF #10. Goofy story with Stan and Jack showing up, but it was one of the first SA Marvels I read in a reprint book back in the early 1980's. Read it a couple of times a year.

FF annual 6 is my favorite comic! It really has it all.

Other great, big story reads are the Mangog arch in Thor 154 - 157, the Avengers annual 7/ Marvel 2 In 1 annual 2 Thanos story, and of course lots of epics in Fantastic Four like 57-60 (Doom), 48-50 (Galactus), and the aforementioned FF annual 1.

There were several arcs that stood out for me...... FF 66-67, FF 90-93, THOR 131-135, Avengers 57-58, DD 54-57, ASM 73-77, X-MEN 56-59, and a few more. I loved almost everything from this period, but those were real standouts for me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There were several arcs that stood out for me...... FF 66-67, FF 90-93, THOR 131-135, Avengers 57-58, DD 54-57, ASM 73-77, X-MEN 56-59, and a few more. I loved almost everything from this period, but those were real standouts for me. GOD BLESS...

1966-1970 really was peak Marvel.

Just read this tonight for the first time, this is the most epic story I think I have ever read in a single issue. The negative zone, introducing Annihilus, epic battles, getting back to earth to see if sue and Franklin had survived. It's like reading an epic movie in one sitting. I feel so fulfilled that comics like these still gives me that amazement I used to get as a kid reading a comic.

What singles issues have you read that has also giving you this types of satisfaction?

Single issue you say? To me, aside from Annual #6 it would be #30 (Diablo): in some way, it has the same intensity.

Also, although in two parts, the late story where they go house hunting with a little surprise "A house there was". And this, not to mention the "usual suspects"! :D

Now that you have started this thread we need a "Club" for this issue… :)

Here's the copy I got for $15 on ebay last week, love this story so much!

9amrkp.jpg

...looks like quite a bargain .........GOD BLESS...

I went to an italian convention today. As you know, I have been selling all my italian FFs (needless to have the FFs in a million of editions and I am more attached to the Giant italian reprints which I am slowly collecting aside from the originals), but found this for 10 Euro and could not resist… probably a VFNM and my "undercopy" will be probably gifted to some FF friend here… :cloud9:

Y5VHI8Kh.jpg

BTW, my US original edition has an "easter egg" – I need to scan it. :shy:

In the meantime, here’s an undercopy:

TaAIutih.jpg

Very true, Unca!

I'm surprised that comics like FF annual 1 and Strange Tales annual 2 aren't in higher demand. I also cringe when I hear of "full run" collectors who do NOT include annuals. Why not add them to your want list? They're cheap and they're spectacular reads!