• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a gift grade?

44 posts in this topic

Structurally it's a gorgeous book. I'd like to strangle the guy who CT'd it.

I wouldn't touch this copy with a 10 foot pole. Color touch is unfortunate, but this copy has been defaced, so I'm more annoyed with you. :foryou:

When I got it the CT had already been scraped a little and it was in a Purple holder (I think a purple 5.0). I guess I could have had CT reapplied, but I decided to try to have the rest removed. It ended up having more removed than I thought.

Structurally it's a gorgeous book. I'd like to strangle the guy who CT'd it.

I wouldn't touch this copy with a 10 foot pole. Color touch is unfortunate, but this copy has been defaced, so I'm more annoyed with you. :foryou:

When I got it the CT had already been scraped a little and it was in a Purple holder (I think a purple 5.0). I guess I could have had CT reapplied, but I decided to try to have the rest removed. It ended up having more removed than I thought.

I've always thought a FaceTime, video conference, Skype option to go over a pre-screen would be awesome. That way you could get a true feel for the depth and extent of the work in order to make the best decisions. I'm not saying this would apply to every press job but in cases like this where you are confronted with the option of professional resto or resto removal I truly believe it would add much value. I wouldn't mind if they charged a few extra bucks either.